PDA

View Full Version : Council Flat access

Bic Basher
16-07-2008, 22:04
My VM instalation was cancelled today after the engineer didn't have the keys to the storage room where the network box is.

However I was not told by VM to inform the council to open the room for them as in the past NTL and Cable and Wireless have had no problems gaining entry.

WHISTLED
16-07-2008, 22:26
Then the room was probably unlocked or there was a caretaker / warden available.

Oddly enough the engineers dont have keys to buildings they dont own, nor did they trading under ntl:

jungleguy
17-07-2008, 00:12
Some sites have to booked in as am (thats before noon) instals as the cortège go off duty in the afternoon preventing instal, as they have the magic keys.

VM installers are not mind readers, and they can't sprinkle magic dust, and they can't pick locks. (well maybe the ones in Harlow can...thats a joke by the way)

Nedkelly
17-07-2008, 00:16
Some areas we need the keys to access the cabs in the flats .In this area we can get in 24hr as there is a office for us to go to if the local person is not there :)

Bic Basher
17-07-2008, 20:40
After visiting the housing office today, the council's policy is now that VM are supposed to contact the housing manager 2 days before install, so they can open the room up.

However this meant I still had to contact VM to add the manager's contact details to my notes. However, this is still no guarantee that either the council will get up and do it, or if VM will contact the council in enough time.

I'll know on July 31st if it all goes to plan.

Raistlin
17-07-2008, 20:49
Why don't you pre-empt things and contact the council yourself 2 days before, and then 1 day before, to make sure that they're going to be there?

Bic Basher
17-07-2008, 20:51
Why don't you pre-empt things and contact the council yourself 2 days before, and then 1 day before, to make sure that they're going to be there?

That has been suggested by VM as well. As my install is a Tuesday, I suppose Friday would be my best bet?

Raistlin
17-07-2008, 20:52
I would imagine so, followed by a quick call on Monday just to be sure ;)