PDA

View Full Version : phone prices / packages

andyf1020
16-07-2008, 15:40
Hi folks,
I was ntl, now virgin, and same as many of you I guess I now have "talk off peak" listed on my bill as my talk plan. Does anyone know what I'm charged for calls on this plan?

Virgin website has nothing (other than that it isn't available to new customers, so I reckon that means it's maybe a better deal than some of the new normal tarriffs..) and when i rang them they couldn't tell me! Took 20 mins just to try and get an answer and they wanted to try and get me on another talk plan.. it might be worth changing, but only if I know what I'm being charged..! We don't use the phone that much so not worth unlimited for example...

anyone know? maybe someone with an itimised bill that can see what they are charged on this tariff?

(only thing I have that might help is a normal 01 number called at the weekend for 90 mins and charges 88p, can't work it out...!)
also, is ths 3 for £30 deal that they keep offering on my bill available to existing customers? presume so 'cos it's on my bill. (apologies I know this one will be covered elsewhere... )
cheers,
andy.

moaningmags
16-07-2008, 15:50
(only thing I have that might help is a normal 01 number called at the weekend for 90 mins and charges 88p, can't work it out...!)

I'm on talk unlimited and the only restriction I have when calling 01 numbers is that any call over 60 minutes is chargeable for the full call.
It means chatting to friends and saying we're at 55 minutes hang up and I'll call you back.
But it means all calls to 01 and 02 are covered by my call plan.

chuzzlemonkey
16-07-2008, 16:31
also, is ths 3 for £30 deal that they keep offering on my bill available to existing customers? presume so 'cos it's on my bill.

Available to new customers or existing customer adding a service...eg. telco, tv, broadband. If you already have all 3 then its not available to you.

And its really £31 unless you take ebilling.

BenMcr
16-07-2008, 17:38
The Talk Off peak used to be the 5p plan I think, which was 5p for 1 hour to a landline outside peak times. I think it is now 7p for the hour, but don't quote me on that.

What time was the weekend call? Is the 88p including the VAT or not?