PDA

View Full Version : An interesting thing happened today!

pip08456
15-07-2008, 09:11
OK Here goes

I was at my mates as he wanted me there so that the VM engineer wouldn't baffle him with science and fob him off.

Engineer said first thing "I Know what the problem is - you're downloading!"

NO! Says I, he hasn't downloaded anything in the last month.

"Oh yes he has, says the engineer, I can see a bit torrent client running."

OK says I check the dates on the downloads and uploads and then tell me he's a download freak!

He then realises he's wrong then he proceeds to tell me that VM now have STM 24/7 but don't advertise the fact!!!!!!

From an employed Engineer so don't get at TraxData. He told you it would happen!

If I did believe in GOD I would say thank GOD I've moved but I don't and I'm happy I have!!!!

ceedee
15-07-2008, 09:45
Well, thank goodness the engineer didn't try baffling you with science...

:rolleyes:

whydoIneedatech
15-07-2008, 09:52
OK Here goes

I was at my mates as he wanted me there so that the VM engineer wouldn't baffle him with science and fob him off.

OK says I check the dates on the downloads and uploads and then tell me he's a download freak!

He then realises he's wrong then he proceeds to tell me that VM now have STM 24/7 but don't advertise the fact!!!!!!

From an employed Engineer so don't get at TraxData. He told you it would happen!

If I did believe in GOD I would say thank GOD I've moved but I don't and I'm happy I have!!!!
WOW!! I can go to work in happy in the knowledge that I no longer have to explain why the callers are traffic managed!!

That is the funniest post I have read in a while, clearly the engineer was just trying different ideas just to justify his reasoning, report him for giving false information.

That is so funny:rofl::rofl::rofl::LOL:

pip08456
15-07-2008, 11:11
WOW!! I can go to work in happy in the knowledge that I no longer have to explain why the callers are traffic managed!!

That is the funniest post I have read in a while, clearly the engineer was just trying different ideas just to justify his reasoning, report him for giving false information.

That is so funny:rofl::rofl::rofl::LOL:

May be funny but TRUE. When he checked the speed of my mates connection it returned 14Mbps ( on a 20Mbps connection) and he says he'll try to get back after 3.30 when the UBR becomes overloaded to check it then.

I'll believe it when I see it!!!!!

grubbymitts
15-07-2008, 11:20
Yes, an interesting thing did happen to you today - you met someone who should be sacked for being clueless.

whydoIneedatech
15-07-2008, 11:28
May be funny but TRUE. When he checked the speed of my mates connection it returned 14Mbps ( on a 20Mbps connection) and he says he'll try to get back after 3.30 when the UBR becomes overloaded to check it then.

I'll believe it when I see it!!!!!

Below is the only speedtest that Virgin recognize, try it.

Have you tried going to this link to check your speeds http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/
click on blueyondergames>demos>then click on at least 2 large files and run them wait a couple of minutes then write down the transfer rates on the files that are running> times them by 8 and you will get a truer download speed.

ceedee
15-07-2008, 11:35
Dunno about being clueless. Sounds to me like a tech with a full day's workload hoping to fob off a gullible customer with an STM myth so he can get out of the door and away to his next job.

I mean, it could've taken another 10 minutes to power cycle the pc and modem, do a speed test, check the signal levels and then diagnose the real problem.

:banghead:

broadbandbug
15-07-2008, 12:14
OK Here goes

And Employed VM Engineers all tell the truth:rolleyes:

STM is not running 24/7.. It is running between 1000 & 2100 (combined US and DS windows).

pip08456
15-07-2008, 12:29
Dunno about being clueless. Sounds to me like a tech with a full day's workload hoping to fob off a gullible customer with an STM myth so he can get out of the door and away to his next job.

I mean, it could've taken another 10 minutes to power cycle the pc and modem, do a speed test, check the signal levels and then diagnose the real problem.

:banghead:

Actually he was at my mate's for about n hour without doing anything except talk about STM and how he's fed up of people ringing up about their speeds!

ceedee
15-07-2008, 12:34
Actually he was at my mate's for about n hour without doing anything except talk about STM and how he's fed up of people ringing up about their speeds!

Well given that extra information, I fully agree with grubbymitts' conclusion.
:erm:

brundles
15-07-2008, 14:24

In that case he should be feeding it back to his managers, not telling customers rubbish to get out of the door.

Sounds like he can't tell the difference between STM and a fault and so finds STM a handy scape goat.

Welshchris
15-07-2008, 15:11
Yes, an interesting thing did happen to you today - you met someone who should be sacked for being clueless.

if tech staff were being sacked for being clueless, a lot of firms would have very few staff.

Horace
15-07-2008, 16:33
OK Here goes

So you failed then.

eth01
15-07-2008, 16:49
So you failed then.

:notopic:

Maggy
15-07-2008, 17:46
:notopic:

To be honest I'm not sure there is a topic..:erm:

whydoIneedatech
15-07-2008, 17:49
I think it has drifted away:LOL:

eth01
15-07-2008, 17:53

hah. you made me laugh to say the least ;)