PDA

View Full Version : STM - I've had enough !!!

MaXiMiZe
13-07-2008, 22:23
Right, so pretty much everyone on this forum has been STM'ed atleast once.
I don't care that they STM you but the fact is that if they do, they say it lasts till 9 pm. I've just been STM'ed and it's 10:20 pm and i've done speedtests and it still says i'm on the STM speed limit. If they can't stick by their own rules how the hell can they expect their customers to do so !

Toto
13-07-2008, 22:26
The STM time is five hours, if you hit that threshold before or just on 9PM tonight, you'll be reduced for 5 hours.

Yes...it sucks.

TraxData
13-07-2008, 22:28
The STM time is five hours, if you hit that threshold before or just on 9PM tonight, you'll be reduced for 5 hours.

Yes...it sucks.

Or if you in an area where STM doesnt work properly (like if he is telling the truth, he is) then you'll be STM'd at whatever time it decides and whenever it decides to give your normal speed back.

Though, to be fair, its capable to be STM'd 15 hours in one day, which really sucks.

Vote with your feet.

MaXiMiZe
13-07-2008, 22:29
Oh right, I thought that if you hit it within the time period they've shown on their site, it lasts only till 9 pm. Yes your right it sucks ! Thanks anyway.

TraxData
13-07-2008, 22:30
They use poor cisco code which does not work correctly, they are working on making it so it does stop at 9PM (really useful to not be able to do much with ur connection till that time eh?) however they have been worked on that for a good 2 years+ (STM trials long before the merger)...

xspeedyx
13-07-2008, 22:51
They use poor cisco code which does not work correctly, they are working on making it so it does stop at 9PM (really useful to not be able to do much with ur connection till that time eh?) however they have been worked on that for a good 2 years+ (STM trials long before the merger)...

I read about that from Alex Brown when I was at work