PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media availability at NP44 5

Owenm
13-07-2008, 21:01
Where i currently live is obviously a "non-cabled" area, and i can only get upto 2MB ADSL on a 8MB package (due to my obvious distance from the exchange), which i've never got, only about 1.8mb at the most. But the thing which is incredibly annoying is that out street and the 2 next ours is basically surrounded by cable enabled streets and i was wondering wether Virgin Media are extending there network to streets that it wasn't built into or wether it's possible to pay virgin media / partition for them to be enabled?
(Don't know wether I'm posting in the right area or not).
All VM would have to do it basically dig up a tiny side road, and i doubt it would be hard to get permission from the council for that either. Is this the same for anyone else or has anyone had a similar problem but had it sorted out? Help would be appreciated. :)

sstainer
13-07-2008, 21:28
have you asked virgin media about it?

Owenm
13-07-2008, 21:32
No i haven't, i'd rather try and at least do a bit of asking around to see if it's even possible before i go diving in head first! :)

xspeedyx
13-07-2008, 21:36
Virgin media have to see it cost effective b4 they extended the network

Owenm
13-07-2008, 21:40
Ah, i see. I was told by them that they did have plans to extend there network, they just didn't know when! But i forgot to ask them about the partition, because I'm not sure wether that can be done if there was a certain amount of interest.