PDA

View Full Version : Virgin homepage unreadable

monet208
11-07-2008, 09:40
One day fine next homepage unreadable .Not just Virgin but some other webpages.Text v small and virtually unreadable and changing font sizes does nothing.Go into email and its fine. Try virgin with wifes laptop and homepage fine !! Running windows home xp on a vaio.
Any advice greatfully appreciated as not over tech mionded and as an oap cannot afford to get someone in Thanks for reading

Raistlin
11-07-2008, 09:42
If you have a scroll mouse:

1. Go to the web page
2. Hold down the Ctrl button
3. Scroll the wheel on your mouse forwards

Does that help at all?

:welcome: to Cable Forum by the way :)

eth01
11-07-2008, 09:42
It's working fine here. Have you checked your browser settings for text size etc?

:welcome: btw

Rone
11-07-2008, 09:43
Its more unbelievable for me than unreadable. ;)

eth01
11-07-2008, 09:48
Its more unbelievable for me than unreadable. ;)

now now! :LOL:

ultimate
11-07-2008, 09:51
A lot of the webpages have very small fonts, bad for old man like me. Pages from My Yahoo, IMDB, Ebay have all got smaller fonts recently.

eth01
11-07-2008, 10:03
A lot of the webpages have very small fonts, bad for old man like me. Pages from My Yahoo, IMDB, Ebay have all got smaller fonts recently.

Maybe it could just be a following trend idk? :)

monet208
11-07-2008, 13:54
Thanks for the welcome to the forum folks

Have tried settings-font size etc in Display in the control panel with no success.
As I said all pages inc virgin media are ok on my wifes laptop which sits next to mine and we use the same set up-through the set top box etc.
Strange thing is when I view some web pages they are fine but others are simply unreadable so in the case of virgin I cannot even log into tech help !

When this has happened before-several times- I used system restore and everything was fine,tried that this time but as system wouold not restore beyond 4 July I've turned it off and on again so last restore point is 8thg july.

Have mailed vaio support as well but no help yet so any further suggestions would be welcome
Thanks
David

Raistlin
11-07-2008, 14:18
Did you try what I suggested with the mouse?

monet208
11-07-2008, 14:19
HI again folks
Sounds daft but just gone into view on toolbar and found text reverted to small - it really wasn't me folks as everything ok day before
Anyway thanks for the replies -trouble with us oap's is that we are on a very shallow learning curve
David

ultimate
11-07-2008, 14:22
Did you try what I suggested with the mouse?

Yes, some pages respond well but some wouldn't, I think it was the difference in the way the html pages were written.