Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.1 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 38.3 dB

Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled.

im unable to download more than 1mbit at all but i get my max upload, with every ping packet of 4 only (two) or (three) make it!
i lag all over the spot, have extremely high pings and this is what i get paying (ntl) virginmedia £38 pcm and getting less than 1mbit !!!
am totally fedup with this now and there shoody service.

can somebody check the levels of the modem before i ring and cancel this c**p.

sstainer
06-07-2008, 14:38
they look ok to me, but i am no expert on precise details
when you say 1mbit is this total or per second
what does speedtest here give u
also try
www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

Download Speed: 17826 kbps (2228.3 KB/sec ) Upload Speed: 440 kbps (55 KB/sec ) is mine

whydoIneedatech
06-07-2008, 14:59
can anyone tell me if theses levels are fine please:

CABLE MODEM

Cable Modem Upstream
Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 3
Upstream Frequency : 22000000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QPSK
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 52.5 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 0
Downstream Frequency : 586750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 0.1 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 38.3 dB

Cable Modem Operation Configuration
Network Access : Allowed
Maximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000
Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000
Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600
Maximum Number of CPEs : 1
Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled.

im unable to download more than 1mbit at all but i get my max upload, with every ping packet of 4 only (two) or (three) make it!
i lag all over the spot, have extremely high pings and this is what i get paying (ntl) virginmedia £38 pcm and getting less than 1mbit !!!
am totally fedup with this now and there shoody service.

can somebody check the levels of the modem before i ring and cancel this c**p.

The power levels are well within the normal operational parameters for a modem on the EX-NTL network.

If you continue to have problems you can should call Tech Support on the number below.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

If you feel you need to take it any further here are some other numbers that may be of use.

Customer Care - 150 (Options 1 then 3)
Disconnecting - 150 (Options 2 then 2)

Ernie_C
06-07-2008, 15:08
For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.

If you feel you need to take it any further here are some other numbers that may be of use.

Customer Care - 150 (Options 1 then 3)

Given the fact that he is close to cancelling, I would HAVE to assume that he has already been down the support route to get what he believes are Virgin Media issues resolved.

whydoIneedatech
06-07-2008, 15:14
Given the fact that he is close to cancelling, I would HAVE to assume that he has already been down the support route to get what he believes are Virgin Media issues resolved.

Thats why I included the disconnections number as well.

But if he tried Tech Support once more they may find a reason for his problems, because retentions will ask him if he will let Tech Support have another look at his connection before disconnecting.

Plus I have already stated that the does not appear to be a fault with the modem, so the problem is elsewhere.

Batfinks
06-07-2008, 16:34
to say i've been down the tech support option is a understatement, had couple of modems, had new internal lines layed, had new line layed outside basically had the works, i've also had the usual bull that its my router (didn't have the heart to tell them im a network engineer) but i nevertheless removed my router and same problem after aweek before i took further action, had the usual its your pc remarks (i cried laughing at that one). guys this has been ongoing for as long as i can remember i've tied everything possible my end, and to be fair (ntl) virginmedia has also been good with there very slow responses but they have eventually taken action but to noavail.

i really cannot pay £38 for a 20mbit connection and only get 1mbit or less when i can change to another isp and get a far better connection for a fraction of the price!

even downgrading my speeds with (ntl) virginmedia will be a joke due to there prices.

i think after proofreading this i have finally make up my mind, im ringing (ntl) virginmedia now or monday if there cancellation department isn't open and cancelling right away and moving elsewhere, just a damn shame i will be paying another 1month at £38 for a 1mbit connection...

thanks for the help guys.

whydoIneedatech
06-07-2008, 17:06
to say i've been down the tech support option is a understatement, had couple of modems, had new internal lines layed, had new line layed outside basically had the works, i've also had the usual bull that its my router (didn't have the heart to tell them im a network engineer) but i nevertheless removed my router and same problem after aweek before i took further action, had the usual its your pc remarks (i cried laughing at that one). guys this has been ongoing for as long as i can remember i've tied everything possible my end, and to be fair (ntl) virginmedia has also been good with there very slow responses but they have eventually taken action but to noavail.

i really cannot pay £38 for a 20mbit connection and only get 1mbit or less when i can change to another isp and get a far better connection for a fraction of the price!

even downgrading my speeds with (ntl) virginmedia will be a joke due to there prices.

i think after proofreading this i have finally make up my mind, im ringing (ntl) virginmedia now or monday if there cancellation department isn't open and cancelling right away and moving elsewhere, just a damn shame i will be paying another 1month at £38 for a 1mbit connection...

thanks for the help guys.

Here is the Disconnections number again for you.

Ernie_C
06-07-2008, 19:01
.....didn't have the heart to tell them im a network engineer.....
Well, at least you'll be well placed to understand whether you will receive a good service from an ADSL ISP supplier. Good luck.