PDA

View Full Version : Changed from setop box to cable modem today

666markyboy
04-07-2008, 16:23
Hi all.... first post... site looks great

Ive been on Broadband since it first rolled out with NTL... yesterday i had a cable modem fitted in place of the one in my setop box in antticipation of the speed upgrade that they are rolling out.... the engineer said there was a delay in getting the modems registered on the network... and to wait 14 hours before trying it... so i waited over 24 hours and still all i get is a page saying i need to register my modem... i've rang several diff numbers , gave them the new mac address 3 times and still no luck... all i want to know is if there is still a problem and how long it will take to fix... does anyone have any numbers i can ring where i will speak to someone who actually knows what they are doing ?? if i get told to reboot my modem one more time i'm gonna scream for the record i'm in Oldham just outside Manchester... oh and obviosly sending this via my setop box which thankfully still works

cimt
04-07-2008, 16:25
I registered a new modem today OK. The engineer said wait an hour then reboot and register it. No problems at all... Have you tried calling 151 if you're on a VM phone line?

whydoIneedatech
04-07-2008, 16:34
Hi all.... first post... site looks great

Ive been on Broadband since it first rolled out with NTL... yesterday i had a cable modem fitted in place of the one in my setop box in antticipation of the speed upgrade that they are rolling out.... the engineer said there was a delay in getting the modems registered on the network... and to wait 14 hours before trying it... so i waited over 24 hours and still all i get is a page saying i need to register my modem... i've rang several diff numbers , gave them the new mac address 3 times and still no luck... all i want to know is if there is still a problem and how long it will take to fix... does anyone have any numbers i can ring where i will speak to someone who actually knows what they are doing ?? if i get told to reboot my modem one more time i'm gonna scream for the record i'm in Oldham just outside Manchester... oh and obviosly sending this via my setop box which thankfully still works

This is a problem with customers on the EX-NTL side which you are on, and the hits normally take a maximum of 7 hours but as in your case can take longer.

You will need to call on one of the numbers that I will post below, but please be aware you will keep being asked to reboot your modem until the hits actually go through.

No rebooting of your modem means no internet and I am one those people who would ask you to reboot it.

Please do not pretend either as we can tell if you have not rebooted because you will still have no connection.

For help with your TV or Phone and for Broadband Technical Support:

Call Product Support/Faults on 151 from your Virgin Media Phone. It's absolutely free.

Or call 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line.