PDA

View Full Version : 4 Virgin outages since MONDAY :|

bluecandylover
04-07-2008, 01:48
Hi Everyone.

I lost my broadband services on Monday and I lost the return path on the digibox, I rang up a very rude guy who appeared to be from india and who said I'd need new equiptment, and said he can book an enginer, I refused as it's inconvientant at the time as major house re-decoration is in plan and eveyrthing is everywhere.

So I rang the TV depeartment and they said "Theres a fault in the NE** area" which is my area so I though okay and watched some TV. 4 hours (approx maybe less) later all was back and working full speed etc.

The next day at 1:15pm once again, cable lights and return path light goes out, I checked the website (status) on my backup slow 1Mb connection and it said an outage in NE** area once again, BUT they said when they went to see the fault, the equiptment were working and they said that people who reported it gone said it's working again (which it had).

3am last night, it was gone AGAIN and didn't come back till 8am, and now at 1:20am it went AGAIN (no status pages).

What is going on with Virgin this week? The service is awful (This week, it's usually spot on) and even Tisaclli's 1MB service is reliable compared this week!

brundles
04-07-2008, 01:59
Sounds similar to a problem we had at the end of last year. Turned out to be a problem locally killing the noise levels on a whole bunch of modems in the area causing random outages.

What signal and noise level do you have on the modem config?

icestar2
04-07-2008, 02:06
Mine was down from around 11 tonight until now. Checked modem config page and it showed it was doing some kind of maintenance so that may explain tonights problem for you at least.

bluecandylover
04-07-2008, 02:16
Thanks for that. I just checked my status and it said the Download was LOCKED and weirdly at 4Mbps(ish) I'm on 20Mbpsm the upstream was not locked and was like 100Kbps, with power levels going up and down.

iFrankie
04-07-2008, 16:58
happened to me yesterday, had a engineer out and it turned out someone moved the wires in the green box lol

handyman
04-07-2008, 17:34
You do get a lot of cabs overheating at this time of year. Alram goes off and a tech goes and opens the door to cool them down a bit.

Always used to laugh at the thought of network techs being sent out to fan the doors of the type3 cabs to cool them down.

Down the Pub
04-07-2008, 18:58
would have thought it wouldn't be beyond them to fit something to keep the heat levels down, something like a 24vdc fan or something like that, cheap and saves on engineer time.

we use them at work for keeping electrical gear inside control panels cool as to much heat and electronics (at least what we use) dont' really go well together.

brundles
04-07-2008, 21:08
You do get a lot of cabs overheating at this time of year. Alram goes off and a tech goes and opens the door to cool them down a bit.

Always used to laugh at the thought of network techs being sent out to fan the doors of the type3 cabs to cool them down.

Ah - that'd be why there's a cab near us with one door permanently propped up next to it. They're cutting costs on those visits to get more engineers to customers ;)