PDA

View Full Version : VM "Most trusted ISP" says Readers Digest.

Toto
03-07-2008, 16:27
http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/07/03/virgin-media-comes-out-on-top/

Here we go...........

cimt
03-07-2008, 16:31
Me thinks Phorm kicked BT off the top spot. Is there a list of results within that catergory?

Toto
03-07-2008, 16:40
Me thinks Phorm kicked BT off the top spot. Is there a list of results within that catergory?

I'll see.

---------- Post added at 16:40 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

On a related note, I thought this was interesting too....

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/07/03/tesco-top-best-for-email/

Sirius
03-07-2008, 16:41
http://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/07/03/virgin-media-comes-out-on-top/

Here we go...........

Meanwhile in the real world.

Toto
03-07-2008, 16:43
Meanwhile in the real world.

What? The real world being a survey that puts VM at the bottom? ;)

Angry@VMedia
03-07-2008, 16:49
Well that site aint that good, I have tried to add a comment, where it says add the 2 numbers, I have tried this SEVEN (7) different times, but it will not let the coment go through as it comes up the error :"Sorry, it seems you didn't pass math!!"
GRR, how many people cannot add basic 2 numbers? or do they NOT want people to leave comments as they know that people will disagree with what has been said?

Mr_love_monkey
03-07-2008, 16:57
but it will not let the coment go through as it comes up the error :"Sorry, it seems you didn't pass math!!"
GRR, how many people cannot add basic 2 numbers? or do they NOT want people to leave comments as they know that people will disagree with what has been said?
Maybe you didn't pass maths? - I tried it and it worked...

icsys
03-07-2008, 17:00
Where is your comment as the page says 'No comments yet'?

Ratings over here (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_7=1&isp_21=1&isp_22=1&isp_23=1&isp_84=1&commit=Compare) suggest VM may be trustworthy but not necessarily reliable or good on customer service.

Angry@VMedia
03-07-2008, 17:00

Which is the format you entered?
for 1 of the questions, it was: add 2 and 2 so I just entered the number 4, as 2+2 does = 4!

I tried another few times, with different answers, but no luck!
Even my girlfriend AND mother tried, with their own comments on the article, but it did not work for them either (we're all using Firefox)

Maybe it was because it did not like my comments, dont know why though, not like there was any foul language, just a few paragraphs and a weblink.

Oh well, I have emailed them with my problem and posted my comments too

Jesty
03-07-2008, 17:08
Just entered a comment, worked fine. Using Firefox too.

Interestingly, I'm unable to see anyone elses comments, only my own. :erm:

Mr_love_monkey
03-07-2008, 17:08
Where is your comment as the page says 'No comments yet'?

Ratings over here (http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/compare.html?isp_7=1&isp_21=1&isp_22=1&isp_23=1&isp_84=1&commit=Compare) suggest otherwise

here

danielf
03-07-2008, 17:09
Which is the format you entered?
for 1 of the questions, it was: add 2 and 2 so I just entered the number 4, as 2+2 does = 4!

Surely 4! = 24? :confused:

Maggy
03-07-2008, 17:10
Well none of the articles have any comments available to view...

Angry@VMedia
03-07-2008, 17:15
Surely 4! = 24? :confused:

no, 2+2 IS 4, and this was 1 of the answers I entered (obviously different answer each time as it was a different question)
Oh well, they have my comments emailed to them now!

Mr_love_monkey
03-07-2008, 17:18
Just entered a comment, worked fine. Using Firefox too.

Interestingly, I'm unable to see anyone elses comments, only my own. :erm:

same here. perhaps that explains some of the confusion...

Ed2020
03-07-2008, 17:28
If this is correct then the article should be entitled "VM has most uninformed customers". Absolutely ludicrous.

Ed.

Sirius
03-07-2008, 17:33
What? The real world being a survey that puts VM at the bottom? ;)

No

But lets face it they are looking at selling there customers private surfing habits to a spyware company. That spyware company that has used hackers in the past. That spyware company that has infected millions of machines in the past. That spyware that has been testing that system illegally on the BT network. If VM are willing to work with **** like that what else are they capable of.

They are sending out letters to there customers about file sharing. To be honest i don't fully trust where and how they have collated that data.

How can anyone trust them if they do that. Sorry but lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut springs to my mind.

I have NO trust in any statement that they make as they have been seen to say one thing and do the opposite so MANY times.

---------- Post added at 17:33 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

If this is correct then the article should be entitled "VM has most uninformed customers". Absolutely ludicrous.

Ed.

:clap:

deed02392
03-07-2008, 17:40
no, 2+2 IS 4, and this was 1 of the answers I entered (obviously different answer each time as it was a different question)
Oh well, they have my comments emailed to them now!

I believe this was a maths joke, as 4! = 4 * 3 * 2 * 1.

Angry@VMedia
03-07-2008, 18:18
I believe this was a maths joke, as 4! = 4 * 3 * 2 * 1.

Sorry to sound thick, but I really do not get it!

It said add 2 and 2 which 2 ADD 2 equals 4, if it said 2 AND 2, that would be 22!

what a **** up way of doing it, why not just use that system where you have to enter the letters?

Stupid **** lol

Toto
03-07-2008, 19:11
No

But lets face it they are looking at selling there customers private surfing habits to a spyware company. That spyware company that has used hackers in the past. That spyware company that has infected millions of machines in the past. That spyware that has been testing that system illegally on the BT network. If VM are willing to work with **** like that what else are they capable of.

They are sending out letters to there customers about file sharing. To be honest i don't fully trust where and how they have collated that data.

How can anyone trust them if they do that. Sorry but lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut springs to my mind.

I have NO trust in any statement that they make as they have been seen to say one thing and do the opposite so MANY times.

Save it for the Phorm discussions son ;)

Came from the BPI, its all over the news and electronic press.

xspeedyx
03-07-2008, 19:17
VM have millions of customer only a few have problems its been said MANY times you wont hear from those customers but I work for them I hear all the problems but if I worked for sky I would hear complaints about Sky me myself I have problems and I am getting sick of my slowband but I bet people a few streets down are having a great service so I can see why as alot of people pay and use the service and dont care about phorm or stm as they dont know or been affected by this.

Thats why VM won

Sirius
03-07-2008, 19:17
Save it for the Phorm discussions son ;)

Phorm is my reason to distrust them, So i stated it. son :)

VM are now in my eye's NOT TO BE TRUSTED its as simple as that :).

Toto
03-07-2008, 19:51
Phorm is my reason to distrust them, So i stated it. son :)

VM are now in my eye's NOT TO BE TRUSTED its as simple as that :).

I assume you're moving provider then?

XFS03
03-07-2008, 21:44
Sorry to sound thick, but I really do not get it!...
Put the word factorial into Google. ;)

Jelly
03-07-2008, 21:56

The BPI pay companies like MediaDefender to infiltrate torrent sites, harvest IP addresses from Trackers and report those IPs. They do similar things over file sharing networks like Gnutella and Limewire, except they actually connect to the sharers.

If they happen to score a Virgin Media IP, they give it to VM, along with file details. Person is added to the letter lottery.

deed02392
03-07-2008, 22:02
VM have millions of customer only a few have problems its been said MANY times you wont hear from those customers but I work for them I hear all the problems but if I worked for sky I would hear complaints about Sky me myself I have problems and I am getting sick of my slowband but I bet people a few streets down are having a great service so I can see why as alot of people pay and use the service and dont care about phorm or stm as they dont know or been affected by this.

Thats why VM won

Dude. Punctuation, please!

danielf
03-07-2008, 22:04
Sorry to sound thick, but I really do not get it!

It said add 2 and 2 which 2 ADD 2 equals 4, if it said 2 AND 2, that would be 22!

what a **** up way of doing it, why not just use that system where you have to enter the letters?

Stupid **** lol

You said: 2+2=4! in the post to which I replied.

4! (with the exclamation mark) is mathematical notation for 4 factorial, which is 4*3*2*1, (which is 24). Sorry, it was a bad joke :angel:

xspeedyx
03-07-2008, 23:04
Dude. Punctuation, please!

at work had to type quick sorry dude