PDA

View Full Version : Replacing run of cable in house with wall mounted connector

fiendishlyclever
27-06-2008, 12:09
Having had three houses cabled up I know how shoddy some of the cable laying and wiring can be.

At my current house the cable snakes over the top of the garden (thankfully screened mostly by groundcover plants) and then is cemented in place before it goes in the house.

The cable enters the house upstairs and is simply threaded through the wall with a couple of metres of cable coiled up and a plug on the end.

I've cancelled my broadband with Virgin and so no longer need this untidy coil of thick cable in my room. In previous properties they fitted a connector on the wall - is there any chance that I can get Virgin to come and fit one here?

The alternative is that I cut the wire off - I'm certainly not having metres of wire in the house since I've ditched them.

MovedGoalPosts
27-06-2008, 12:14
You will only get VM to come out if you pay for it. But if you don't want the VM service anymore why pay? Your only concern would be if you ever wanted VM again in the future if you cut the cable then there may need to be a re-install charge.