PDA

View Full Version : sunday installation?!?

welly_59
26-06-2008, 20:28
I signed up online a few days ago to have phoneline and tv installed and was given an install date of this saturday. I phoned up this evening to say that i wanted a v+ box installed, the lady said no problem, but woops i've just accidently cancelled your installation so i'll have to rebook it for you.

Turns out that satuday was now full but she could book me in for between 1-6 for the sunday instead. Do they even doi sunday installations? i phoned back after this to make sure i hadnt got through to an idiot and that indeed i was going to be visited this sunday and the second person i spoke to also said i would be installed this sunday.

I dont want to spend the whole day in the house if there's no chance they are going to turn up! will they arrive you think?

whydoIneedatech
26-06-2008, 20:38
I signed up online a few days ago to have phoneline and tv installed and was given an install date of this saturday. I phoned up this evening to say that i wanted a v+ box installed, the lady said no problem, but woops i've just accidently cancelled your installation so i'll have to rebook it for you.

Turns out that satuday was now full but she could book me in for between 1-6 for the sunday instead. Do they even doi sunday installations? i phoned back after this to make sure i hadnt got through to an idiot and that indeed i was going to be visited this sunday and the second person i spoke to also said i would be installed this sunday.

I dont want to spend the whole day in the house if there's no chance they are going to turn up! will they arrive you think?

I have never seen a Sunday booking for Tech Support but maybe Installs work on Sunday, did you ask for the Work Order Number for your install.

welly_59
26-06-2008, 20:41
no i didnt, can i phone them back and request it now?

whydoIneedatech
26-06-2008, 20:48
no i didnt, can i phone them back and request it now?

Its a free call but I think DTV close at 2000 give it a try or call in the morning, just say you wanted to check with them saying it was a Sunday installation.

moaningmags
26-06-2008, 21:25
Sunday installs and techs are rare but do happen.

colin-bennett
26-06-2008, 21:50
Sunday installs and techs are rare but do happen.
There are Sunday installs this month due to high demand for instal this month.
The Sunday installs do appear ever now and then...

welly_59
26-06-2008, 22:03
thanks for the replys guys, i'm a bit annoyed that my original saturday booking got deleted but as long as it comes sunday then i'll be keeping the service. If a company cant turn up to install when they say then i wont be keeping my business with them

Nedkelly
26-06-2008, 22:21
Looks like installs have not met there target for the month :erm:So extra days are needed to bring the figures up:)

welly_59
29-06-2008, 16:34
install went fine, the chap phoned me about an hour before he came to say he as on the way

Raistlin
29-06-2008, 16:34
Nice, glad to hear it all went fine :) :tu:

Darrenp
30-06-2008, 00:35
I was surprised that a nice engineer came to fix my phone line today being Sunday.

Seemed unusual but obviously does happen.