PDA

View Full Version : a little help please

lee11168
26-06-2008, 12:19
my bb goes through my set top box and i want to install a wireless router the problem is the stb keeps freezing so i asked if i could have a modem but they want £50 is there a way to get them to give me one for free

r00t
26-06-2008, 12:34
Ask for a self install/quick start. You'll get the modem and cables in the post.
Oh and call sales about this :)

MovedGoalPosts
26-06-2008, 12:35
I am assuming that you currently have only a 4 meg, or lesser speed service. If you want to upgrade to the 10 meg speeds then the only way of getting that is to use a modem. However I doubt the upgrade is done for free if it's necessary for a tech to visit to do the install. If you can use a self install kit (VM supply the cable connections and modem which are delivered to you), then it might be a lower cost, but for higher ongoing monthly tarrifs for that higher capacity package.

xspeedyx
26-06-2008, 16:18
£50 I doubt that most it should be is £30 I dont normally charge though and sales wont do this for you as in thorey your not adding a new service so they will just transfer you to customer care normally

whydoIneedatech
26-06-2008, 19:03
my bb goes through my set top box and i want to install a wireless router the problem is the stb keeps freezing so i asked if i could have a modem but they want £50 is there a way to get them to give me one for free

It should be a free upgrade to a modem, try again and if you get the same reply ring 150 and wait till you hear the thinking of leaving us option and talk to Retentions about them wanting to charge £50.

Welshchris
27-06-2008, 02:32
i know of 2 people who have reciently wanted to get Virgin Media services but ended up going elsewhere after Virgin tried saying they wanted £149 installation fee for TV, Phone and Broadband.

One lives in a ground floor flat in Abingdon in Oxford.

Another lives in Port Talbot in South Wales in a Semi Detached House.

xspeedyx
27-06-2008, 08:37
It may have been they needed to pay £100 desposit whioch sometimes Virgin Media will ask for