PDA

View Full Version : Odd problem at 1am, every day.

Milambar
26-06-2008, 01:18
The past 3 days, dead on the dot of 1am, my internet disappears. The cablemodem's "ready" light starts flashing very very rapidly. Rebooting the modem has no effect, as when it reboots, the ready light starts flashing very rapidly again.

Then at 1.15am, the ready light stops flashing, comes on solid, and my internet reappears.

Any ideas what is going on?

sstainer
26-06-2008, 01:21
thats a weird one use to know something similar with the STB back in days of the pace 1000, at that time it would freeze no response for about 5-10 minutes obviously not connected does the cable modem config page's give any clues
http://192.168.100.1/ (inside event log) root root etc

v0id
26-06-2008, 02:04
could their be maintenance occuring on your UBR?

whydoIneedatech
26-06-2008, 10:55
The past 3 days, dead on the dot of 1am, my internet disappears. The cablemodem's "ready" light starts flashing very very rapidly. Rebooting the modem has no effect, as when it reboots, the ready light starts flashing very rapidly again.

Then at 1.15am, the ready light stops flashing, comes on solid, and my internet reappears.

Any ideas what is going on?

Call Tech Support on 151 its free from a Virgin landline and explain what your problem is as the may be maintenance work on the network when it happens.

Milambar
27-06-2008, 03:50
Just an update. I stood around with my phone ready to play hell with someone the instant it went down tonight... And it stayed up, rock solid all day. I guess thats sods law.

To the previous person, theres nothing that looks odd to me in the modems logs. I already looked..

Ah well, as long as it stays up from now on, Im not gonna complain.

Jules
27-06-2008, 11:13
My V+ box does it at the same time everyday, it just stops responding

Ruki
27-06-2008, 11:52
I had the same problem for a few nights aweek or so ago. Cable TV would disappear too. It only lasts for 5-10 mins. Probably maintenance.