PDA

View Full Version : My virgin media disconnects

mc999
25-06-2008, 02:51
i have had this problem for the last two days where my internet does not work after 12pm and i thought it might be due to the weather. when the hotness goes down it starts to work then-has anybody else had this problem? my postcode is tw12 2sj

i had taken the plug out and it works for a few mins but then disconnects again when it is sunny so does anyone hve any ideas? :confused:

Welshchris
25-06-2008, 03:42
how long has this been happening and about what time does it come back on? it maybe Virgin doing maintenance in ur area as this tends to be done between Midnight and 6pm. Check out the maintenance section on the customer page on their website.

http://http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/1055505.png

mc999
25-06-2008, 11:19
well its working 2day fine so far. From the website i do not know what region to pick as i am in hampton and when i do pick it cums up with a different postcode?

also the modem gets quite hot- is it meant to do that as maybe this might cause the internet not to work?

PeteTheMusicGuy
25-06-2008, 11:28
well its working 2day fine so far. From the website i do not know what region to pick as i am in hampton and when i do pick it cums up with a different postcode?

also the modem gets quite hot- is it meant to do that as maybe this might cause the internet not to work?

Do you have anything covering your modem. I know that with the STBs they can overheat if you have something covering the vents. I'm not sure if it's the same with the cable modem. Maybe one of the smarter than me members might know :)

mc999
25-06-2008, 11:37
No i dont. does anyone else get this problem when you have like 2 people who are using the internet and the cable modem stops working after a while maybe due to using too much and i hve to then take the plug out and put it back in for it to work.

whydoIneedatech
25-06-2008, 22:43
No i dont. does anyone else get this problem when you have like 2 people who are using the internet and the cable modem stops working after a while maybe due to using too much and i hve to then take the plug out and put it back in for it to work.

Call Tech Support on 151 option 3 and explain the problem to them and the call is free.

mc999
25-06-2008, 22:54
Call Tech Support on 151 option 3 and explain the problem to them and the call is free.

i have done that and they ar now saying that i might have a problem wit my cable modem and so will send me a new one since my modem is like 4 years old. Anyone else had this problem where you had to change your cable modem?

whydoIneedatech
25-06-2008, 22:56
i have done that and they ar now saying that i might have a problem wit my cable modem and so will send me a new one since my modem is like 4 years old. Anyone else had this problem where you had to change your cable modem?

When did you call?

mc999
25-06-2008, 23:00
When did you call?

2day

whydoIneedatech
25-06-2008, 23:02
2day

Nice one, keep us updated;)

mc999
01-07-2008, 21:35
got my new modem on friday and my internet disconnected again afta 2pm. Can this be due to my router and the internet is getting really slow now in the afternoons. I am thinking about leaving virgin media any ideas on which i should go to like bt or sky? any suggestions on maybe why i should stay with virgin?

r00t
01-07-2008, 22:00
got my new modem on friday and my internet disconnected again afta 2pm. Can this be due to my router and the internet is getting really slow now in the afternoons. I am thinking about leaving virgin media any ideas on which i should go to like bt or sky? any suggestions on maybe why i should stay with virgin?

Simple test, try without your router for a day or so.