PDA

View Full Version : Deprom "not signed"( Firefox)

Itshim
23-06-2008, 12:14
Firefox has new a download but vista says its not signed( if I remember correctly~not on home PC) So I can`t load it.

Guys, what do I need to do in Vista ( guess that is what is stopping it)to get round this. Seem to think I could do it when I was using XP. O the good old days.

gazzar
23-06-2008, 20:06
Firefox has new a download but vista says its not signed( if I remember correctly~not on home PC) So I can`t load it.

Guys, what do I need to do in Vista ( guess that is what is stopping it)to get round this. Seem to think I could do it when I was using XP. O the good old days.

I get this message using firefox 3 on vista while trying to install this add on

"Dephormation" will not be installed because it does not provide secure updates

Maybe it will get sorted soon

Maggy
23-06-2008, 20:13

Does it on FF3 and XP.

Angry@VMedia
23-06-2008, 20:20

I'm still using Firefox 2, and it ALWAYS says unsigned before installing new addons, which is strange as i only download from the Mozilla website, so if you are downloading from Mozilla's site, do not worry about it

Pbryanw
24-06-2008, 12:02

You could try turning off secure updates in FF3 if you really want the add-on to work.
To do so, type about:config in the address bar, agree to the warning, then right click in the window that comes up and select new->Boolean and type extensions.checkUpdateSecurity in the pop-up box, then select false from the next pop-up box.

More details here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Extensions.checkUpdateSecurity