PDA

View Full Version : HI My brother virgin ac power sully has gone

lethalman
19-06-2008, 07:11
hi ALL my brothers cable modem Power supply has gone, not the virgin media cable modem just the Power supply is dead don't work he has used his buddy's virgin media Power supply and cable modem works fine .i phone virgin for a new replaced cable modem power supply ,they said your need a new modem too it was some woman from china telling me this, she was confused and saying i need a new virgin modem to with it .i'm sure they can get serpent Power supply on its own ,and send in the mail or parcel force ,can anyone give me some help on this please thank you . but the modem is fine and its virgin 250 modem. cheers guys i like to return favours

xspeedyx
19-06-2008, 08:40
Virgin wont and cant just send you a power supply the best thing is to speak to faults well broadband faults and adisd them and they can get a tech out to change the modem, please correct me if I am wrong the modems they send out dont have a spare power supply just ring 151 and opt 3 due to it been service effecting they should snd a tech out

good luck mate

sstainer
19-06-2008, 11:00
your right darthlinux best option is faults get the whole modem replaced with a new one power supply inclusive. do it soon or your have to wait ages

lethalman
19-06-2008, 13:12
its just the power supply ac adapter that plugs in the 3 way socket plug outlet the little black box with the cable from it that plugs in to the cable modem ,if virgin dont help in that way i buy ac adapter with right voltage, modem is fine just the the 3 way plug in ac adapter. thanks for the help guys

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

its cool hes done it he got a ac adapter with right voltage hes got a modem 200 ive got the 250 black modem the one that now has the virgin media logo on it only the color is jet black e net only no usb with 250 i'm glad e net is loads better. thank you giys , are you a wrestling fan dude?

whydoIneedatech
19-06-2008, 19:33
its just the power supply ac adapter that plugs in the 3 way socket plug outlet the little black box with the cable from it that plugs in to the cable modem ,if virgin dont help in that way i buy ac adapter with right voltage, modem is fine just the the 3 way plug in ac adapter. thanks for the help guys

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

its cool hes done it he got a ac adapter with right voltage hes got a modem 200 ive got the 250 black modem the one that now has the virgin media logo on it only the color is jet black e net only no usb with 250 i'm glad e net is loads better. thank you giys , are you a wrestling fan dude?

If you call 151 and go to option 3 Broadband Support and tell them the power supply unit is defective they will send out a brand new Ambit 256 modem free of charge.

If you continue to use a 3rd party power pack you are in breach of the Virgin Media terms and conditions and if a engineer comes out for a fault at a future date he will not be able to deal with the fault due to the 3rd party power supply.

xspeedyx
19-06-2008, 19:49
If you call 151 and go to option 3 Broadband Support and tell them the power supply unit is defective they will send out a brand new Ambit 256 modem free of charge.

If you continue to use a 3rd party power pack you are in breach of the Virgin Media terms and conditions and if a engineer comes at for a fault at a future date he will not be able to deal with the fault due to the 3rd party power supply.

So very true