PDA

View Full Version : Internet Settings defaulting to Ireland

Blue_Karlos
18-06-2008, 18:22
Hi I am in WA2 - Warrington, but recently noticed poor performance on broadband and this week it appears my settings are defaulting to .ie. I am assuming the IP address I have been allocated is registered in Ireland ?

I rang tech support - and unbeleiveably they said the cant renew/release the IP!

Gave me some story about it has to be done through their system, and my connection could be possibly down for upto 24hrs. As I work in the IT industry I found the answer some what poor and asked if they did not have access to the DHCP server to check my MAC and re-assign a new IP. His answer was leave it until Weekend when the lease is due to expire, turn off the modem for a few hours and that should fix it !

What a crock of shxt!

Any advice of anyone, surely they have access to the dhcp server ?

Cheers

Toto
18-06-2008, 19:01
Hi I am in WA2 - Warrington, but recently noticed poor performance on broadband and this week it appears my settings are defaulting to .ie. I am assuming the IP address I have been allocated is registered in Ireland ?

I rang tech support - and unbeleiveably they said the cant renew/release the IP!

Gave me some story about it has to be done through their system, and my connection could be possibly down for upto 24hrs. As I work in the IT industry I found the answer some what poor and asked if they did not have access to the DHCP server to check my MAC and re-assign a new IP. His answer was leave it until Weekend when the lease is due to expire, turn off the modem for a few hours and that should fix it !

What a crock of shxt!

Any advice of anyone, surely they have access to the dhcp server ?

Cheers

Change your NIC MAC, you'll get a new IP instantly. As to whether they can change at the DHCP server is another matter, they shouldn't have to though as each address is dynamically assigned.

If you want to PM me your IP range, NOT the exact IP address, i'll do some digging for you.