PDA

View Full Version : Stoke-on-Trent upgrade date?

cg1701
18-06-2008, 14:56
Hi, does anyone know a date or rough indication when the Stoke-on-Trent area is having there 4meg users upgraded to 10meg? Part of a retention deal I just did with Virgin was the assurance that when i received my modem and set it up that the 10 meg service is there waiting for me (I used to use STB to access the net, so could not get he 10meg).

Well had my modem on Monday, connected it all up and I am still on 4 meg!!!!

Any Stoke users agree we are not upgraded yet?

haydnwalker
18-06-2008, 15:16
Stoke-on-Trent isn't listed on the list HERE ==>> http://www.virginmedia.com/customers/even-faster-broadband.php

Though Stoke is listed in the Baguley area (not sure if its the same stoke though)

cg1701
18-06-2008, 15:33
Hi, yes that Stoke is Stoke-on-Trent. Although it says TBC on the list I was assured (as part of my retention deal) that the 10 meg service is available to me.

Seems like a classic case of 'tell the customer what he wants to hear so we can keep him'

haydnwalker
18-06-2008, 15:37
All I can say is phone retentions and tell them you're still on 4mb. But unless you got the persons name etc, then generally don't believe a word they say. I'm thinking of leaving to move to O2/Be broadband and I'm dreading the conversation I'm going to have with retentions.

ceedee
18-06-2008, 15:38
Hi, yes that Stoke is Stoke-on-Trent. Although it says TBC on the list I was assured (as part of my retention deal) that the 10 meg service is available to me.

Seems like a classic case of 'tell the customer what he wants to hear so we can keep him'

At least you'll be able to argue for a further reduction when you get the written confirmation of your retention deal.
You did ask for it in writing, didn't you?

:o:

cg1701
18-06-2008, 15:46
I have the names and times and dates of all 3 people i have spoke to, and also asked for coonfirmation in writting.

whydoIneedatech
18-06-2008, 19:55
I have the names and times and dates of all 3 people i have spoke to, and also asked for coonfirmation in writting.

Well it still states TBC, so unless you do actually have it in writing and it has been written up in the call notes, then all you have is the promise that 10Mb will be available to you! which it will be when the upgrade is in place.

It is Baguley and it does cover a wide area.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/existingcustomers/faster/schedule.html