PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, me again

burningfeetman
16-06-2008, 01:26
Well, here i am again, complaining.

Here is my story,

Approximately a month ago i had enough with my '20Meg' internet which would max out about 4Meg, i figured, why not downgrade to 4meg and then im paying for what im getting. Sounds simple yes.

Ok downgraded and am now on the 'Grande Triple' which has 4meg (soon(ish) to be 10Meg) my internet decided it didnt like that and i had to have an engineer come out as my upstream transmit was over the magic 61db which is where the internet apparently drops out (tech seemed to know his stuff)

Ok so the engineer came out and did his thing and everything was fine, getting 4Meg speeds so im happy. Now, for some random reason my internet has dropped to 1Meg, its so frustrating.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/284446008.png (http://www.speedtest.net/result/284446008.png)

This speed test was done at nearly midnight, after a reboot of the modem, router and computer.

Yes the speeds will be nearly identical with the cable straight into my pc
Im using Vista sp1, connected via RJ-45 with no other applications running at all.

Please, if any VM employees are reading HELP ME please, i'll love you forever!:monkey:

kpanchev
16-06-2008, 01:39
Looks like you have been STM-ed ;)

frogstamper
16-06-2008, 02:17
Looks like you have been STM-ed ;)

I have to agree, the speedtest you posted are almost the exact figures for a 4mb stm.

burningfeetman
16-06-2008, 02:28
Firstly i want to thank you for your replies,

Secondly you have to be kidding me, i've hardly downloaded anything today cause my internet has been sucky...

And STM at midnight, i cant remember off the top of my head, but isn't that 'out of hours' ?

Thanks again guys

BFM

Edit:

Ok half past 1 in the morning and my internet is now on 4MB, i've never really had a problem with stm before because i was away for 25 days or so of the month or so, now im home more often i want to be able to use the internet i pay for. I realise that there are reasons for what is being done, but well, its been in a million and one other threads so i'll just leave it for now.

On a side note, if/when i phone up to cancel my broadband becuase of stm, how has anyone experienced retentions trying to keep hold of them, they cant offer to turn it off so what sort of sweetner do they offer, or dont they? Just wondered about those that have already left because of this

frogstamper
16-06-2008, 03:25
Firstly i want to thank you for your replies,

Secondly you have to be kidding me, i've hardly downloaded anything today cause my internet has been sucky...

And STM at midnight, i cant remember off the top of my head, but isn't that 'out of hours' ?

Thanks again guys

BFM

Edit:

Ok half past 1 in the morning and my internet is now on 4MB, i've never really had a problem with stm before because i was away for 25 days or so of the month or so, now im home more often i want to be able to use the internet i pay for. I realise that there are reasons for what is being done, but well, its been in a million and one other threads so i'll just leave it for now.

On a side note, if/when i phone up to cancel my broadband becuase of stm, how has anyone experienced retentions trying to keep hold of them, they cant offer to turn it off so what sort of sweetner do they offer, or dont they? Just wondered about those that have already left because of this

Don't forget the stm cuts in as soon as you go over, then its five hours from that point on, eg 20.45 to 01.45.
As regards retentions offering you a deal not to cancel, the more services you have with VM the better the discount they'll offer, just remember the golden rule.... be polite.:) I've read posts from people saying "I didn't get offered a deal, I mean I told them what a crappy company VM is and what they can do with their connection" is it any wonder people like this are told, "OK sir we'll terminate your services", BTW let us know how you get on and good luck.:)

ruddock08
16-06-2008, 08:37
15 ms ping.. nice (H)

dcclanuk
16-06-2008, 10:29
15 ms ping.. nice (H)

12ms on my 2mb;)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/06/34.png (http://www.speedtest.net)