PDA

View Full Version : Wireless router

stunt
15-06-2008, 20:33
I guy who collects parcels from where I work was talking about ISP on Friday. He's with VM and said VM provided him with a Netgear wirless router for free. I was with Telewest for years before VM took over, and I have never heard of this off either company. Is this correct? If so, how do you get one?

BenMcr
15-06-2008, 20:36
www.virginmedia.com/wireless

Is free if you sign up for BB L or XL. is £40 for all existing broadband customers

Watching You
16-06-2008, 13:20
I would not get too excited about the free router, I was also a Telewest customer and received their Netgear wireless router that also had a wireless card that was configures to use only one yes one computer at a time. When I queried this with (then Telewest Customer Services) they said its only set up to use one computer at a time and with their internet provided (I am with AOL).

Obviously this Customer Services person did not realise what the internet is all about, (free access to any and all information on the net). The next day I went out and brought my own Netgear router and we have all been using our internet accounts, since with no worries. I have never logged onto my Telewest account.

After all what is the point of having a wireless computer for only one computer in a house hold! Everyone knows that wireless broadband took off in the US because households wanted to share their internet access with faster speeds.

BenMcr
16-06-2008, 13:26
The Virgin Router is NOT configured that way

moaningmags
17-06-2008, 15:28
The Netgear Access Point that some customers are still using only allows one pc to connect.

Looks like a bit of confusion on the part of the agent you spoke to.