PDA

View Full Version : 7p call charge?

funkyCable
03-06-2008, 15:24
Hi

I'm currently on the free evening & weekend (L) package and looking at upgrading my package to unlimited(XL). However, on their website they say that there is a 7p connection charge and I quote from http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=10256

We also need to tell you that for every call you make, there's a connection cost of 7p.

This message appears on both L and XL packages. Any idea whether is is included in the price or is it charged on the bill as a billing item eg x number of calls @ 7p each?

BenMcr
03-06-2008, 16:01
For any chargeable number (mobiles/0845 etc) there is a 7p connection charge per call.

If however the call is included in the plan i.e evening or weekend landline call, no connection fee is charged

funkyCable
03-06-2008, 16:10
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response.
What would happen if your call is included in the plan and the call is longer than 60mins would you be charged the connection charge?

Am I correct in thinking that once I upgrade that it is a month-on-month contract and I woudl be able to revert back to a lower package at any time without being charged a cancellation fee?

Stephen
03-06-2008, 16:38
Hi Ben,

What would happen if your call is included in the plan and the call is longer than 60mins would you be charged the connection charge?

Am I correct in thinking that once I upgrade that it is a month-on-month contract and I woudl be able to revert back to a lower package at any time without being charged a cancellation fee?Just make sure that you hang up before the 60mins and then make an other call:)

BenMcr
03-06-2008, 17:27
Hi Ben,

No. Only the per min charge

N00N00
03-06-2008, 18:25
Wow, when did it go up to 7p? I thought 6p before you'd even said anything was bad enough.

icklelight
03-06-2008, 21:31
7p connection - think it was either feb this year or end of last year

Locky33
14-06-2008, 18:41
My bill has got smaller since going on XL phone quite a difference i use virgin mobile for calling mobiles i on the 100 100 one with free phone. I use the landline for all landline calls i think XL phone is great value. (hope they dont increase charge) :dozey:

chuzzlemonkey
12-07-2008, 00:29
Hi Ben,

Am I correct in thinking that once I upgrade that it is a month-on-month contract and I woudl be able to revert back to a lower package at any time without being charged a cancellation fee?

Any time after your first 30 days you may downgrade again without any charges being incurred, although if you make a lot of landline calls you'll more than likely decide to keep it, it is good value!

---------- Post added at 23:29 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

i think XL phone is great value. (hope they dont increase charge) :dozey:

Cant see that happening...charges on talk packages keep coming down due to the competition with other providers.

BexTech
12-07-2008, 21:08
My bill has got smaller since going on XL phone quite a difference i use virgin mobile for calling mobiles i on the 100 100 one with free phone. I use the landline for all landline calls i think XL phone is great value. (hope they dont increase charge) :dozey:

Doubt they will increase it when BT, Sky and others offer it cheaper as it is.