PDA

View Full Version : Internet phone help

Hornet
02-06-2008, 20:29
I have just sorted out a connection to Skype with my 4MB VM BB.

Yesterday I dialled landlines 3 times and all fine.

Tonight the phone keeps changing status between 'PC Online' and Landline calls ony. Is this because my BB connection is bad tonight? Web pages seem to load instantly so thought everything was fine with it.

I know nothing about BB or Skype so is the phone dodgy or is it my BB connection that is making the phone impossible to use and causing the constant 'PC online', offline messages?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Download: 3.81Mb
Upload 0.47MB
Ping 40ms

Just got the above results is it the ping that is low and the problem?

If so how do I sort it?

Thanks very much for any help

Hornet
03-06-2008, 06:16
Does anyone know about these things as this morning the phone is still flashing between Online and disconnected. Is it my BB connection that is making calls impossible?

Thanks again

Kymmy
03-06-2008, 07:12
The speeds and ping looks fine, have you tried reseting the equipment (ie.. the phone and also the modem?) Also have you tried checking the skype status pages to see if they have a problem thier end as not every problem is VM's ;)

Kymmy

Hornet
03-06-2008, 17:36
Reset it all, stil the same. The phone is changing status every secod from online to offline.

Could it be my Belkin router. F5D5230-4 model no.?

Anyone help as it is driving me mad to see phone flashing on/off online it must be something!

Kymmy
03-06-2008, 20:56
OK, simple things first, connect the skype directly to the modem (you might have to tell it to get it's own IP) if it works then there's a problem with the forwarding port on the router. If it's still doing the same then it's either VM blocking the port that you're tring to use (no idea if you can change that on a skype handset like you can on a PC running skype client) or more likely quite simply your skype account or the skype servers are rejecting your connection.

Kymmy

Hornet
03-06-2008, 21:15
Cut out router in my connection and all worked fine!

Reconnected with router still worked fine?

When I connected it on Sunday it worked for 24 hours and then went off for 2 days.

Can it be that the router doesn't block it straight away or would it be instant?

If the router doesn't take 24 hours to block it what else can it be? I had done the easier things earlier like turning off power to modem, router and phone without success.

Now when I go direct to PC it works, but I thought I'd just check it didn't work with router and it does???

THANKS for help so far.

Kymmy
04-06-2008, 08:11
At this stage could be anything, the process of moving it from router to the modem could be resetting the connection or account or anything.

If you could then the only way of deciding if it is the router or not is to either leave connected to the modem (yes I know it doesn;t help as you can;t connect anything else) or to try a new router for a bit. If at any point in that time the problem returns then the original router is not at fault.

May I also suggest that you try the skype forums as it could be skypes fault and people on there will be able to recognize a skype problem more readily than we can.

Kymmy

Hornet
06-06-2008, 05:54
Worked fine for 2 days and now the problem has returned :( constant flashing between online / offline on phones display and unabe to connect. Surely the router would have blocked it quicker than 2 days or is this possible?

I will cut out the router over the weekened if noting changes.

Thanks