PDA

View Full Version : Leak

LSainsbury
28-05-2008, 22:35
Evening all,

We've had a leak from dripping pipework under the sink in our kitchen.

We have no idea how long it was dripping for, but when we had the flooring people in to remove a ripple in the vinyl, they found that the floor was sopping wet.

Anyway - this was few weeks ago and the leak has been fixed and we've had a dehumidifier in the kitchen burning the worlds resources for about a week.

When the guy delivered it we asked if the flooring should be pulled up - he said no.

But I think yes as the floor is sopping wet and the dehumidifier wouldn't touch it.

A week later and the floor is still wet.

Do you think the vinyl should be pulled up in order to allow it to dry correctly?

Raistlin
28-05-2008, 22:37
Yes.

If you don't take it up:

1. It won't dry,
2. You may well get mould etc growing in there,
3. The vinyl may well be badly damaged by being constantly wet.

WHISTLED
28-05-2008, 22:38
Yes definatley, pros always pull up flooring to dry out after a flood/

Wicked_and_Crazy
28-05-2008, 22:38
if the water is under the vinyl its never going to dry out unless you remove it

LSainsbury
28-05-2008, 22:39
Yes.

If you don't take it up:

1. It won't dry,
2. You may well get mould etc growing in there,
3. The vinyl may well be badly damaged by being constantly wet.

My thoughts exactly.

Thanks

Going to send off an email now.... :(

Wicked_and_Crazy
28-05-2008, 22:41
Going to send off an email now.... :(

That wont help to dry it out :dunce:

LSainsbury
28-05-2008, 22:50

Long story.... ;)

Halcyon
28-05-2008, 23:23
Definately take up the flooring / floorboards to let some air get down there. otherwise it will never dry.

greencreeper
29-05-2008, 04:06
Mate's girlfriend had one of her manic episodes and left all the bathroom taps on. Turned the kitchen beneath into a shower room. Terrible mess. The bathroom floor was lined with hardboard, with cushion lino on top. The hardboard expanded - huge bumps everywhere. When we took it up, mucho mould - green, black and this lovely furry white stuff. Mucho disinfectant. So yeah - take up the lino. Longer it's left, the worse it will be. Probably start smelling too.

tweetypie/8
29-05-2008, 12:42
Evening all,

We've had a leak from dripping pipework under the sink in our kitchen.

We have no idea how long it was dripping for, but when we had the flooring people in to remove a ripple in the vinyl, they found that the floor was sopping wet.

Anyway - this was few weeks ago and the leak has been fixed and we've had a dehumidifier in the kitchen burning the worlds resources for about a week.

When the guy delivered it we asked if the flooring should be pulled up - he said no.

But I think yes as the floor is sopping wet and the dehumidifier wouldn't touch it.

A week later and the floor is still wet.

Do you think the vinyl should be pulled up in order to allow it to dry correctly?

absolutley !!.

Saaf_laandon_mo
29-05-2008, 14:14

it might do if its a hotmail......

danielf
29-05-2008, 14:23

GROAN... :D

Wicked_and_Crazy
29-05-2008, 14:31