PDA

View Full Version : Some advice for a noob :(

denial213
28-05-2008, 00:16
Hey everyone I have little or no knowledge on these types of things so im sorry if i sound like a complete noob

ok my problem is I have been with blueyonder since 2001 ( thats the date on the 'surfboard') but up until now i have had no major issues. Recently my internet has just stopped working, and it doesnt work until i turn the modem off for about 2 minutes then turn back it back on. Once i turn it back on it starts to work, which is ok, but its really annoying when its late at night and it cuts out.

Has anyone got any advise at all?

Thank you all in advance

BTW i realise i spelt advice wrong! lol

Paul
28-05-2008, 00:19
I fixed advice for you (in the title).

Have you reported this to VM yet, since you have a very old modem they may just replace it for you.

xspeedyx
28-05-2008, 00:21
Ok first things first are you using a router if you are connect directly to the modem if not ring tsc they should be able to get you a tech with a new modem failing that send me your acc details via pm and I will order you a new modem

denial213
28-05-2008, 00:22
thanx for fixing the title dude, and i really appriciate the quick reply. I havent rang them yet, im planning on giving them a call tomorrow, do u think it could be the modem, i didnt realise how old it actually was

denial213
28-05-2008, 11:32
Ok first things first are you using a router if you are connect directly to the modem if not ring tsc they should be able to get you a tech with a new modem failing that send me your acc details via pm and I will order you a new modem

basically i am using a wireless router but thats connected to the motorola 'surfboard' (like i say its dead old its got 2001 at the bottom lol) i know its not an issue with the router cus i took out the wireless router and just used the surfboard modem on my computer and there was just no connection there at all.

im just about to call virgin now, will they charge me for a new modem?

grungernut
28-05-2008, 11:38
They should just order you a new one but as its causing you a problem they may just tech it. And its free.