PDA

View Full Version : thanks a lot virgin

smackheadz
26-05-2008, 22:18
just a note to say goodbye as i rang virgin earlier to see if my direct debit could be taken out one day later.They said no and if the money is not in the bank when they try to take the money out my account will be closed.I know i left it late but to say that i've lost my broadband and phone just for one day's difference to me seems a bit harsh.My heads been all over the place lately because my mom died and the bank holiday thru me aswell.So as i said thanks a lot virgin.

AmAtoL
26-05-2008, 23:03
They wouldn't cut your services just because they couldn't take 1 payment. Please elaborate as thousands of people miss payments.

WHISTLED
26-05-2008, 23:08
Tosh

AmAtoL
26-05-2008, 23:17
Tosh

What is ?

WHISTLED
26-05-2008, 23:25
As you say, that they said they would close account after a failed DD - They couldnt move DD by a day though..

frogstamper
27-05-2008, 01:10
I imagine VM will add a £10 late fee to his bill, I would be amazed if VM shut an account because of one late payment, that's assuming the OP has been a regular payer in the past, they want to hold onto their customers.

Horace
27-05-2008, 05:43
Won't they retry to take the money at a later date? I always assumed that would happen without adequate funds for direct debit.

Sirius
27-05-2008, 06:26
Tosh

I have to agree.

Seems a bit odd to say VM will close an account because of 1 missed payment by only 1 day. I missed a payment once and i still have my account :dunce: that i can be :)

smackheadz
27-05-2008, 07:25
this is my first bill and it was customer care that i phoned last night.I really hope it is 'tosh' but i was told that they cannot take the direct debit after they've tried and failed.The d d day is today so i'll know soon enough.I sent virgin an email last night but the one they sent back said i should hear from them in 2 or 3 days,but i fear i may not have an internet connection by then.If anyone who works for virgin reads this i would welcome any advice or explanation of anything i can do, as i really need this internet connection,and quickly if at all possible.Many thanks.

Wild Oscar
27-05-2008, 09:14
Last time I missed a months bill, it rolled over to the next month!
I can't remember if there was a late payment fee, it was a couple of years ago I suppose .. things might have changed since then of course!

smackheadz
27-05-2008, 09:55
i think it may be because it's my first bill,i suppose it's not the best bill to pay late but it took me by surprise to be told they couldn't take it out at a later date if the d d failed.My money will be in the bank tomorrow and as people have said it must have happened to thousands of people before,but,like i say,it may be because it's my first.

b00gyman
27-05-2008, 10:26
i think it may be because it's my first bill,i suppose it's not the best bill to pay late but it took me by surprise to be told they couldn't take it out at a later date if the d d failed.My money will be in the bank tomorrow and as people have said it must have happened to thousands of people before,but,like i say,it may be because it's my first.

In my time dealing with Virgin's customer services i have found that you can talk to 5 people about the same thing and get 5 completely different answers. I would advise calling them again and hopefully you dont get the same nugget you got the first time.

WHISTLED
27-05-2008, 10:40
If you dont have fund you need too cancel with banl or they will charge you also.. Makes a bill turn into something much more expensive.

The fact itsn your first makes no difference

TheDon
27-05-2008, 11:16
What will happen is they will attempt to take payment, it'll fail, and then they'll cancel the direct debit.
You'll then get a letter through saying they couldn't take the payment, they'll add £10 to your bill, and you'll have to phone them up to pay by card.

When you do that make sure they set the direct debit up again as they don't do it automatically and otherwise your next bill will be £5 more for the non-dd charge and you'll have to phone them to pay it again.

smackheadz
27-05-2008, 11:56
they've taken the £50 i had in the bank and the bank says that i'm gonna get bank charges unless the rest is paid today.To be honest it's the internet connection i don't want to lose,£10 late charge off virgin i can take,even bank charges at a stretch,so now i've part payed i'll have to phone virgin to see if they can take the rest tomorrow or whether the d d has been cancelled.thanks for all the responces everybody.

Wild Oscar
27-05-2008, 12:31
You don't need a credit card to pay .. you can pay cash at most corner shops!
Work out how much your payment is short and do it that way ...

smackheadz
27-05-2008, 12:59
no spondoolies till tomorrow 9am - i'll phone virgin

dj rob st
27-05-2008, 18:36
cancel the dd at ur bank to stop any bank charges then just pay on the actual bill they send out at a paypoint. then phone them up to reinstate the dd for the following month

smackheadz
28-05-2008, 13:24
thanks to everyone that replied,i think it may be alright now as long as virgin do no put the late payment on untill the next bill.At the bank i was told the DD has not been cancelled and apparently virgin have to try and take the money for another 7 days.So now the money is in the bank to cover the bill.Not going into details but the internet is all i've got so i may have panicked a touch.Many thanks to you all and virgin aswell.

smackheadz
30-05-2008, 02:51
or so i thought!''thedon'' it looks as though you and others were right,i'm being told one thing by the bank and another by cs.I'm now told a bill will be sent out to pay at a paypoint and then i'm told i phone virgin back up to start the DD again.I'm now hoping that my services are not cut off before the bill arrives thru the post,is paid and then the new DD is set up.

Horace
30-05-2008, 13:39
thanks to everyone that replied,i think it may be alright now as long as virgin do no put the late payment on untill the next bill.At the bank i was told the DD has not been cancelled and apparently virgin have to try and take the money for another 7 days.So now the money is in the bank to cover the bill.Not going into details but the internet is all i've got so i may have panicked a touch.Many thanks to you all and virgin aswell.

Thought so. If the bank charges are excessive, claim them back.

TheDon
30-05-2008, 13:42
Yeah VM never attempt to recollect direct debits that get refused, they just cancel it straight away. They wont usually cut your service until your account hasn't been paid for at least a month, it definitely shouldn't happen before you get the bill.

If you have a debit or credit card you can just call them and make a payment off that and set up the direct debit at the same time, and then you won't have to worry about it.