PDA

View Full Version : Airbus A380 Sky Suites.

frogstamper
24-05-2008, 21:25
Having just come back from Cannes on Easy Jet, these "better" than first class Sky Suites certainly made me jealous, grrr:) but having said that my seat did only cost £85, the price for one of these "Sky Suites" from London to Singapore return is a tad more at £20440.;)
Having said that a standard return in economy is less than £500 on this superb new aircraft, this three class configuration Singapore Airlines are flying can hold just under 500 passengers, but an all economy configuration being built for China Air will carry over 800 passengers, more than 200 more than the same configuration on a Boeing 747.

http://www.a380.singaporeair.com/content/interior/index.html?videoType=suites

Vlad_Dracul
25-05-2008, 09:42
Presumably the Chinese,and similar need smaller space as generally they are shorter and slimmer than your average westerner. As for sky suites,very nice if you can afford it,especially if you are used to turning right and don't wish to mix with the proletariat but in our allegedly environmentally friendly world,is it really justifiable?

frogstamper
25-05-2008, 12:38
Presumably the Chinese,and similar need smaller space as generally they are shorter and slimmer than your average westerner. As for sky suites,very nice if you can afford it,especially if you are used to turning right and don't wish to mix with the proletariat but in our allegedly environmentally friendly world,is it really justifiable?

This is my point, I mean if it was a night flight you have just spent over £10000 for a nights sleep!! Some people must have more money than they know what to do with, out of "interest";) I tried to book one of these suites, up until February 2009 they are fully booked...incredible.

Virgin Bride
25-05-2008, 13:22
One can get one of these

http://www.privatejetcharter.com/private-jet/lear-40.html

and if 6 of you share it, then the price is more or less the same as a business ticket on a scheduled airline. I have flown one of those with conxair (gone bust), very nice, it goes high, above the weather