PDA

View Full Version : Really weird downloads started at 10 past 10

Welshchris
23-05-2008, 22:19
i was downloading a 200mb file from corel and all of a sudden my download shot from 474kb/s to over 2600kb/s and then stopped and failed....

I thought it was corel so i attempted a download from microsoft.com, i downloaded SP3 for XP. It started at around 440kbs and got 16% and did the same thing.

Ive looked at modem logs and theres nothing in there.

ceedee
24-05-2008, 00:49
The next time a download fails like that, do a tracert to the source of the download immediately -- there's a good chance it'll indicate where the problem lies.

How's your connection been, otherwise, these last few weeks?
(I'd noticed you'd not been posting and wondered if you'd finally thrown your pc out of the window... :) )

Welshchris
24-05-2008, 07:50
The next time a download fails like that, do a tracert to the source of the download immediately -- there's a good chance it'll indicate where the problem lies.

How's your connection been, otherwise, these last few weeks?
(I'd noticed you'd not been posting and wondered if you'd finally thrown your pc out of the window... :) )

Connection hasnt been to bad, apart from at weekends like now max downloads im getting is 160kb/s even at 7:50am. Reason i havnt been posting is i did a wipe and reload and then installed SP3 and i didnt have time to finish all the reinstallations of stuff and setting back up of accounts till now due to personal problems.