PDA

View Full Version : Port1221

Carpo_1
21-05-2008, 16:08
Does Virgin block port 1221

Kymmy
21-05-2008, 17:13
Virgin shouldn't block any ports, the best way though to tell if a port is blocked is to use the SHIELDS UP port tester on WWW.GRC.COM just make sure that your firewall is turned off when you test it and then try it again with your firewall on, that way you should be able to see if that port is working or what's blocking it.

Kymmy

Jon T
21-05-2008, 17:50
Using the forum search facility comes up with this: http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87/33621698-port-blocking.html

Bit of a while back when it was posted, but I doubt they would block 1221.

whydoIneedatech
21-05-2008, 18:12
Does Virgin block port 1221
Virgin would block your port do as Kymmy posted it does work.

Carpo_1
21-05-2008, 19:23
Thank's tried shields up.
Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

Tried Port 1221 just said closed.
Tried it unprotected still says closed.
This port is used by SAM Broadcaster for requests. Maybe it's my server blocking it.

Paul
21-05-2008, 19:40
Virgin used to block about 7 ports, dunno if they still do - 1221 is not one of them.

Kymmy
21-05-2008, 22:06
Thank's tried shields up.
Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice.

Tried Port 1221 just said closed.
Tried it unprotected still says closed.
This port is used by SAM Broadcaster for requests. Maybe it's my server blocking it.

If you have true stealth on Shields up then you have a firewall running, otherwise you'd have at very least an ICMP responce and lots of CLOSED ports. You sure it's actually being used?? What software do you have running that requires the port?. Just tried port 1221 from my connection (though I am on a business account) and got a closed response which means that my own PC responded back to the server that the port is there but nothing is using it. If VM was blocking it then it would have got a STEALTH response.

BUT as your response says closed then it's your own system and not VM's that's either blocking it or simply not using it

Kymmy

whydoIneedatech
21-05-2008, 22:39
Virgin would block your port do as Kymmy posted it does work.

SHOULD READ WOULD NOT BLOCK YOUR PORT

I was in a bit of a rush:blush:

Kymmy
21-05-2008, 22:42
SHOULD READ WOULD NOT BLOCK YOUR PORT

I was in a bit of a rush:blush:

Awwwww, not to worry, we all make typos....especially me and especially after half a bottle of brandy ;)

Kymmy

whydoIneedatech
21-05-2008, 22:47
Awwwww, not to worry, we all make typos....especially me and especially after half a bottle of brandy ;)

Kymmy

I know I just looked at and thought sh**!!

Carpo_1
21-05-2008, 23:25
It's Sam Broadcaster that i'm using that requires port 1221. It uses it for request. But I get error message .....

Your request failed. Reason given:
Unable to connect to "My IP":1221. Station might be offline, or connection is being blocked. (Err#: 803)

I have also got netgear wireless router which has port forwarded 1221 I get get same error without modem online so that rules modem out. And i have port 1221 allowed in eset firewall. have tried it without firewall and router still same error.

Horace
21-05-2008, 23:51
http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=1221

That will test TCP port 1221, you probably need UDP open too tho'.

dev
22-05-2008, 00:33
It's Sam Broadcaster that i'm using that requires port 1221. It uses it for request. But I get error message .....

Your request failed. Reason given:
Unable to connect to "My IP":1221. Station might be offline, or connection is being blocked. (Err#: 803)

I have also got netgear wireless router which has port forwarded 1221 I get get same error without modem online so that rules modem out. And i have port 1221 allowed in eset firewall. have tried it without firewall and router still same error.

if you tried it with the modem offline, surely that rules out VM too?

Carpo_1
22-05-2008, 02:11
I've sorted it. It was shoutcast server that was the trouble. it was blocked on my host server. All working fine now. Thanx all for your help

Kymmy
22-05-2008, 09:20
No worries, glad you;re sorted :)

Kymmy