PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media and My New Address

dustyspuds
21-05-2008, 13:36
Hi,

I've been told that I can receive full Virgin Media Service in my new apartment by my landlord, however the dude at Virgin said that my post code is in a non cabled area. My flat is a newly built apartment block, and is close to others which have Cable hardwired in.

Does anyone know how to get my services swapped over?

Thanks,

David.

MovedGoalPosts
21-05-2008, 13:48
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

If the building is new, it might well be in a generally serviceable area, but the building itself might not be cabled, or listed on the database. You need to ask customer services (sales) to send a s"potter" out. They will be able to work out what is what.

Unfortunately flats are often not serviceble due to complications with the freeholder and leaseholder legal issues of easements and the like.

dustyspuds
21-05-2008, 13:59
I know the area isn't cabled, however the landlord is certain that the building is set up to have either sky or virgin but virgin dont seem to be interested in going any further than checking the post code thingy that I could do myself online! I also know of a few other buildings close by that are fully cabled although the entire street isn't! Does anyone know if this is a common thing with new builds? Makes business sense really.

Cheers,

Dave.

BenMcr
21-05-2008, 15:06
Yup. Unless it is a like for like swap. I.E demolish one old house and build one new house, it is very unlikely that they will be serviceable

It is down to planning, capacity and cost more than anything