PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else BB not working in BN14 area?

ianmacd
19-05-2008, 12:54
My 20Meg service seems to have dropped out at 7:23 this morning. There have been a large number of dropouts over the last 4 weeks (some short and some not so short). Called VM but they just arranged an engineer and said nothing was broken at their end. They didn't even get me to go through the usual things that we all do before calling them anyway.

My CM sync light is just flashing its heart out and if I stick a laptop on it then it give the laptop a 90 second lease with a 192.168.100.x address. I even tried my old CM and that won't sync either.

Anyone else having issues in this area?

Ian.

ianmacd
19-05-2008, 15:01
Looks to have been fixed at 13:57. Bet they will never tell me what was wrong.

whydoIneedatech
19-05-2008, 16:47
My 20Meg service seems to have dropped out at 7:23 this morning. There have been a large number of dropouts over the last 4 weeks (some short and some not so short). Called VM but they just arranged an engineer and said nothing was broken at their end. They didn't even get me to go through the usual things that we all do before calling them anyway.

My CM sync light is just flashing its heart out and if I stick a laptop on it then it give the laptop a 90 second lease with a 192.168.100.x address. I even tried my old CM and that won't sync either.

Anyone else having issues in this area?

Ian.

Your old cable modem will not work as it is no longer registered on the network with Virgin, the only use you have for it now is as a Paperweight.

ianmacd
19-05-2008, 16:54
True but it should still sync even if it can not download the fw for that device. I would also suspect that it still works too as I very much doubt the MAC was removed from the dhcp servers.

I may try it later now its working again.

whydoIneedatech
19-05-2008, 19:25
True but it should still sync even if it can not download the fw for that device. I would also suspect that it still works too as I very much doubt the MAC was removed from the dhcp servers.

I may try it later now its working again.

When they swap your old modem they delete the old one from the servers.

ianmacd
19-05-2008, 23:28
They didn't swap it. They shipped me a new one that sat in a box for a few months.

Come to think of it too, when my GF moved 3 years ago the eng came out and botched the install and the new SACM wouldn't register so I plugged in the one from her old house that the eng couldn't be bothered to take and that is still working fine 3 years later. This did work because she moved within the same CAM so I think she even got the same IP as before.

Unless they get one back, it will not be removed from the DHCP svr.

frogstamper
19-05-2008, 23:41
I'm in bn1 and its been ok here today, but in the last few weeks we have had two shutdowns, each for a couple of hours.

whydoIneedatech
20-05-2008, 00:01
They didn't swap it. They shipped me a new one that sat in a box for a few months.

Come to think of it too, when my GF moved 3 years ago the eng came out and botched the install and the new SACM wouldn't register so I plugged in the one from her old house that the eng couldn't be bothered to take and that is still working fine 3 years later. This did work because she moved within the same CAM so I think she even got the same IP as before.

Unless they get one back, it will not be removed from the DHCP svr.

Every account has your equipment listed that is operational, when a new piece of equipment is added they remove the one that is being replaced from your account.

And with the migration of NTL accounts at the beginning of the month it would be highly unlikely that your other old modem will exist on the network.

You can try to use it but will be disappointed as it is now just a paperweight.