PDA

View Full Version : FREE...wireless router..

TerryTibbs
16-05-2008, 17:34
Or not....:mad:

This got me so mad i had to sign up and share my frustration.

Get this....

I thought sweet im on the xl package, the site virginmedia.com states i get a free wireless router, I apply, get to the part about calling out a technician to fit this for me (for a charge of course). Well i dont need it to be fitted i can do it myself without any worrys so i ring them up sayin just send me my free router without the technician. NO, now my free router turns into a £40 router all because im capable of fitting myself - Absolutely ludicris. Why in gods name advertise a free router, so i explain this to the very limited english talkin guy on the end of my phone and the guy that gets paid to deal with me states he does not no about any of this.....what a JOKE!!!

BenMcr
16-05-2008, 17:39
If you already have XL broadband the router is £40.

Currently only if you are taking out XL BBI do you get a free router

A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and all existing Broadband customers taking the wireless router

Sirius
16-05-2008, 20:08

There are already stories of customers saying they will leave if they don't get one for free and then being given one for free. :mad:

When will Virgin learn that not every person phoning intends to really leave and instead is on the scam for anything they can get.

the-cable-guy
16-05-2008, 22:46

on the VM website it says that its free to L & XL customers but it wont let you sign up for one grr.

BenMcr
16-05-2008, 22:57
on the VM website it says that its free to L & XL customers but it wont let you sign up for one grr.

Yes if you are new to broadband. From this page http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/wireless.html

Free Wireless router: Available to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: L and Size: XL Broadband services (subject to status and credit checks). Minimum contract term applies. The Wireless router must be kept for your minimum contract term, unless you are told otherwise by us. A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and all existing Broadband customers taking the wireless router. The Wireless router remains the property of Virgin Media at all times.

And from the broadband product pages here http://allyours.virginmedia.com/products/3264_legal.html

Free wireless router offer: - Wireless enabled equipment required. Available to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: L and Size: XL Broadband services (subject to status and credit checks). A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and all existing Broadband customers taking the wireless router. Should you sign up to our Size: L or Size: XL Broadband service and subsequently downgrade to Size: M within your minimum contract period you will be required to pay the service charge for the wireless router, currently £40.

TerryTibbs
17-05-2008, 13:03
BenMcr you are correct in what your saying looks like i totally misundersood what they advertised (forgot to read the smallprint) my bad :td:

Cant see how anybody is threatning to leave over a wireless router i mean u can get them on ebay for a tenna, might be worth a shot LOL, i been with VM for 2 years and overall am happy with the service ;)

BenMcr
17-05-2008, 13:05
It is as bad as people wanting to leave over not getting free caller display :D

swapshop1
18-05-2008, 10:01
I hope mine turns out to be free! I was told that all I had to pay was delivery. Being a XL customer for some years I think I deserve it.

If I am paying full then I'm free to downgrade to 10mb for the next 2 years to pay for the router ;-)