PDA

View Full Version : Problem with starting up V+ box

pateldilipj
15-05-2008, 23:09
I have a cable connection and everything set up and had an old PACE cable box which was working. I recently got a V+ box off of my friend from another area whos now going for Sky.

I've set up my V+ box exactly how it should be but after the boot nothing comes up. I don't get any channels coming upor anything. Just a light on the box flashing where it says online.

Can someone please help me out, I would call Virgin but in my experience they haven't been too reliable.

Thanks

sprattgraham
15-05-2008, 23:21
You shouldn't have the box, it should have been returned to VM.

oliver1948uk
16-05-2008, 00:00
The V+ has to be activated by VM to work. They will only do this after the extra money has been paid.

the-cable-guy
16-05-2008, 00:30
You shouldn't have the box, it should have been returned to VM.

i wouldnt be surprised if he isint paying for his services aswell like.

Ernie_C
16-05-2008, 09:52
You are attempting to illegally receive Virgin Media services for which you are not paying.
Your friend will receive a bill for £250 when he cannot return his rented V+ box to Virgin Media.

the-cable-guy
16-05-2008, 12:55
good cuz ppl like that should have to pay for robbing cable.

Whicker
18-05-2008, 23:43
I fear that my friends above are right, VM won't activate the V+ box without all sorts of phone calls and laptop communications giving all manner of strange code words from one of their engineers.

cimt
18-05-2008, 23:53
Oh dear, oh dear...

You didn't buy it off him did you?

virgin engineer
19-05-2008, 12:56
first things first,you will not be able to get channels through your stb because the box has not been alocated to you.you may get some free view channels but that would be it..if it was your "friend"who gave you this box you need to find out if this box belongs to them cause if it dont virgin may well hit them with a £300 bill for it

Ernie_C
19-05-2008, 17:42
...you need to find out if this box belongs to them cause if it dont virgin may well hit them with a £300 bill for it
If you really are a representative of Virgin Media then you need to understand your product set.

All V+ equipment belongs to Virgin Media. It NEVER belongs to the customer.

the-cable-guy
20-05-2008, 13:15
well said.

Micky-01
07-03-2011, 09:52
I have a cable connection and everything set up and had an old PACE cable box which was working. I recently got a V+ box off of my friend from another area whos now going for Sky.

I've set up my V+ box exactly how it should be but after the boot nothing comes up. I don't get any channels coming upor anything. Just a light on the box flashing where it says online.

Can someone please help me out, I would call Virgin but in my experience they haven't been too reliable.

Thanks

Hi, you need to call this number; 08009539500 to activate your V+ Box.

Mick.

Stuart
07-03-2011, 14:08
:welcome: to the forum, but I have a couple of points..

1) The poster has not logged in nearly three years. He/she is not likely to see your answer.

2) I believe the v+ is a lot more fussy over signal levels than earlier boxes. As such, VM may not be happy to activate an old one without ensuring it is both properly refurbished and installed.