PDA

View Full Version : Very Slow Internet

Barton71
15-05-2008, 20:19
Hi guys. On Tuesday morning just about 00.05, my internet connection went down, so i switch the PC off and went to bed. The connection was back when got up in the morning but ever since then, my internet connection have been very slow, sometimes with some pages being unreachable. I restarted my modem, router and PC, but it changed nothing. I read some other posts, and i see some of you can diagnose problems from the settings, so i`ll post mine in the hope you can help.

I am in the Renfrewshire area.

Cable Modem Downstream Downstream Lock : Locked Downstream Channel Id : 4 Downstream Frequency : 403000000 Hz Downstream Modulation : QAM256 Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4 Downstream Receive Power Level : -1.6 dBmV Downstream SNR : 39.2 dB
Cable Modem Upstream Upstream Lock : Locked Upstream Channel ID : 3 Upstream Frequency : 34000000 Hz Upstream Modulation : QPSK Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec Upstream transmit Power Level : 59.5 dBmV Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2Does that look ok, or is something wrong? Id really appreciate any help. Thanks!

trevortt
15-05-2008, 20:25
Have you scanned you pc for viruses lately?

homealone
15-05-2008, 20:28
Upstream power seems a bit high - your modem is having to 'shout' to be heard on the network - unfortunately that can only be sorted by an engineer visit ...

whydoIneedatech
15-05-2008, 22:37
Hi guys. On Tuesday morning just about 00.05, my internet connection went down, so i switch the PC off and went to bed. The connection was back when got up in the morning but ever since then, my internet connection have been very slow, sometimes with some pages being unreachable. I restarted my modem, router and PC, but it changed nothing. I read some other posts, and i see some of you can diagnose problems from the settings, so i`ll post mine in the hope you can help.

I am in the Renfrewshire area.

Cable Modem Downstream Downstream Lock : Locked Downstream Channel Id : 4 Downstream Frequency : 403000000 Hz Downstream Modulation : QAM256 Downstream Symbol Rate : 5360.537 Ksym/sec Downstream Interleave Depth : taps32Increment4 Downstream Receive Power Level : -1.6 dBmV Downstream SNR : 39.2 dB
Cable Modem Upstream Upstream Lock : Locked Upstream Channel ID : 3 Upstream Frequency : 34000000 Hz Upstream Modulation : QPSK Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec Upstream transmit Power Level : 59.5 dBmV Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2Does that look ok, or is something wrong? Id really appreciate any help. Thanks!

Your Upstream power at 59.5dBmV will cause constant disconnections you will need to call Tech Support as you need an Engineer to come out and adjust the Power level, as it's already shouting.

Everything else is as it should be.

Call Tech Support on 0906 212 1111

Barton71
16-05-2008, 16:02
Thanks guys, i`ll get on to them as soon as possible. Is it normal for power levels to move?

whydoIneedatech
16-05-2008, 23:38
Thanks guys, i`ll get on to them as soon as possible. Is it normal for power levels to move?

If you periodically check your modem you will see fluctuations on the power levels.

Or YES.;)