PDA

View Full Version : need sum advice on house move

jojo3972
15-05-2008, 13:35
hi i currently have virgin vip package, i am due to move into a new build in a month or so, the new builds have been built were the old houses were its actualy were i used to live, my question is wen i move will i still be able to get vigin, will the cables be still under ground to run to new house, i realy dont wnat to go bk to bt as they were a nightmare realy slow speeds and i have 2 pcs and 2 xboxes running on xbox live so 2 megs realy isnt enough as that is wat i was getting with bt in the same area, people are saying the new builds are only fitted out with bt lines but with it beeing an old virgin area anyways i would have thought the cables would be still there, any advice would be most gratefull.

ps i have only had virgin for a few months so my 12 months contract wont even be up by the time i move if i cant get vigin bk will i be charged for the remaining months on the contract.

thnx joxx

Wicked_and_Crazy
15-05-2008, 13:40
will the cables be still under ground to run to new house,

How is anyone that hasn't been there supposed to be able to answer that:confused:

whydoIneedatech
15-05-2008, 14:23
hi i currently have virgin vip package, i am due to move into a new build in a month or so, the new builds have been built were the old houses were its actualy were i used to live, my question is wen i move will i still be able to get vigin, will the cables be still under ground to run to new house, i realy dont wnat to go bk to bt as they were a nightmare realy slow speeds and i have 2 pcs and 2 xboxes running on xbox live so 2 megs realy isnt enough as that is wat i was getting with bt in the same area, people are saying the new builds are only fitted out with bt lines but with it beeing an old virgin area anyways i would have thought the cables would be still there, any advice would be most gratefull.

ps i have only had virgin for a few months so my 12 months contract wont even be up by the time i move if i cant get vigin bk will i be charged for the remaining months on the contract.

thnx joxx

Ring 150 and ask Virgin as only they can answer your query.

try this postcode checker also: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/help/index.html

chickendippers
15-05-2008, 14:55
As you're still within the minimum term VM will switch you to their non-cable services (over a BT line).

MovedGoalPosts
15-05-2008, 15:06
You'll have to ask Virgin to send out a spotter to establish if the new build house can get cabled service.

Whether the cabling still exists, and can be used, may depend on whether the road layout was altered.

whydoIneedatech
15-05-2008, 15:10
As you're still within the minimum term VM will switch you to their non-cable services (over a BT line).

Onto a new 12 month contract;)

smeagoly1
15-05-2008, 15:23
I had to move a few months back, still having 8 months or so left on a cable contract.
After some confusion, in a nutshel someone at VM demanding 240 quid off me to end my contract. Second sales member, was excellent...looked at my new details and said, yes you may not have cable but we can supply adsl, all I need is a BT line. No end of contract fee, as i was staying with VM.

Find out in your new build, if the sockets are already installed and there is a dial tone. If there is, connection to BT should be free, It was in my case, moving into a new build.
If they need an engineer out to fit the line it will be 125 quid :(

Once I had the new BT contract and number, gave vm sales a ring and everything was set up in a week. They even allowed the new router to be delivered to my works addy.

Noggo
15-05-2008, 16:34
If they need an engineer out to fit the line it will be 125 quid :(

I think you'll find it's a lot cheaper than 125 quid, have a look at the pdf file attached to this post;
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34549443-post2.html
offer ends 30 June 2008

the-cable-guy
15-05-2008, 17:13
How is anyone that hasn't been there supposed to be able to answer that:confused:

very true indeed :dunce:

Down the Pub
16-05-2008, 09:56
I think you'll find it's a lot cheaper than 125 quid, have a look at the pdf file attached to this post;
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34549443-post2.html
offer ends 30 June 2008

either pay the £125 over 6 months, or get a £95 discount if you have an 18 month line rental.