PDA

View Full Version : Tech Support don't know about the 10Mb rollout

lightwind
14-05-2008, 12:14
In desperation, I've just phoned VM Tech Support on 0906 301 2222 about my slow dowload speeds following a brand new modem install from VM on Monday 12th May. I'm still getting average 3800kbps speeds, when apparently I should now be on the 10Mb service - unless I've been told wrong!

The worrying thing is that guy (Rob) DID NOT KNOW about the national 4Mb to 10Mb rollout - can you believe this!!! I've asked him to check with his colleagues and phone me back .... and I'm still waiting. Also, there is according to him a fault in our area reported at 7:51 this morning - but nothing's showing about this on the VM site.

---------- Post added at 12:14 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Tech Support have rung back (Rob) - and to be fair, he has really looked into this, and it seems the docsys file on my UBR has been changed, but not yet set live - this is likely to happen soon, but could not say when. When it does - the upgrade's done.

So, I'm NOT on 10Mb after all - which explains my current download speeds of c. 3800kbps. So, I'll patiently wait for the actual upgrade to be implemented - at least I know the new modem should be OK.

Graham M
14-05-2008, 12:18
Check out the VM website it has a pretty vague (but there) schedule for the rollout

whydoIneedatech
14-05-2008, 12:29
In desperation, I've just phoned VM Tech Support on 0906 301 2222 about my slow dowload speeds following a brand new modem install from VM on Monday 12th May. I'm still getting average 3800kbps speeds, when apparently I should now be on the 10Mb service - unless I've been told wrong!

The worrying thing is that guy (Rob) DID NOT KNOW about the national 4Mb to 10Mb rollout - can you believe this!!! I've asked him to check with his colleagues and phone me back .... and I'm still waiting. Also, there is according to him a fault in our area reported at 7:51 this morning - but nothing's showing about this on the VM site.

He must be the odd one as we are all aware of the upgrade in my call centre.;)

lightwind
14-05-2008, 12:50
He must be the odd one as we are all aware of the upgrade in my call centre.;)

Yeah .. I think I was a bit harsh on him as he said afterwards that he'd only just joined recently. I apologised when he rang me back. I don't envy you guys at all, having to listen to rants from customers, but he was really OK about it.

He's checked into my UBR and the docsys file has been changed ready for the upgrade, but he could not get any further information on when he actual upgrade would happen - hopefully, it won't be long, and will be worth the wait.

whydoIneedatech
14-05-2008, 13:18
Yeah .. I think I was a bit harsh on him as he said afterwards that he'd only just joined recently. I apologised when he rang me back. I don't envy you guys at all, having to listen to rants from customers, but he was really OK about it.

He's checked into my UBR and the docsys file has been changed ready for the upgrade, but he could not get any further information on when he actual upgrade would happen - hopefully, it won't be long, and will be worth the wait.

You have rebooted your modem by removing the power lead and re inserting after 10 seconds so as to allow your modem to receive the upgrade?

xspeedyx
14-05-2008, 14:56
best to check if ur meant to of had the upgrade yet

lightwind
14-05-2008, 17:15
You have rebooted your modem by removing the power lead and re inserting after 10 seconds so as to allow your modem to receive the upgrade?

Yep, and still no change. I think I must have misunderstood the engineer after the new modem install, as speaking to Tech Support today, they confirm that a docsys file on the UBR has been amended but not yet set to go live - but this could be imminent.