PDA

View Full Version : I love Pizza

Damien
13-05-2008, 22:57
Among all the bad things we talk about, I think we should talk about the wonder that is Pizza. What is better than coming home, from the pub, and ordering a pizza, and chicken kickers, and ice cream from dominos pizza eh?

Awesome! :D

Marge
13-05-2008, 23:03
Pizza :drool:

Help!!!
13-05-2008, 23:05
That dip that dominos offer is mmmmm mouth watering, making me hungry!!

Cobbydaler
13-05-2008, 23:06
Among all the bad things we talk about, I think we should talk about the wonder that is Pizza. What is better than coming home, from the pub, and ordering a pizza, and chicken kickers, and ice cream from dominos pizza eh?

Pizza :drool:

Cholesterol, death... :shocked:

If you believe the health police! :D

handyman
13-05-2008, 23:09
12" Americana (Chicken, Sweetcorn & Pineapple) with a tub of garlic mayo...yumm

Halcyon
13-05-2008, 23:12
I think you can make pizza's healthy...... plus olive oil is good for you as are tomatoes.

PS: That dip is very nice !!!
Mmmmmmm
http://www.dominos.uk.com/food_guide/

Damien
13-05-2008, 23:15
Cholesterol, death... :shocked:

If you believe the health police! :D

death is worth it :D

dilli-theclaw
13-05-2008, 23:21
Anyone want any toast?

MovedGoalPosts
13-05-2008, 23:23
Pleeeeeeeeeese Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

---------- Post added at 23:23 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

On a serious side, which Dominos is still open when the Pub closes :(

greencreeper
13-05-2008, 23:54
We stopped ordering from Dominos at work when one of the guys got extra topping - few black hairs. Costco do lovely big cheap pizzas - hot and greasy. Feel those arteries furrying up :D

Graham M
13-05-2008, 23:57
My favourite pizzas tend to come from Kebab Shops they're always very well priced and are lovely :)

greencreeper
14-05-2008, 00:00
Kebabs - long roasted minced goat paste :sick:

Maggy
14-05-2008, 00:13
Pizza..Italian cheese on toast.:)

Druchii
14-05-2008, 00:24
Gah, i ahte you OP.... I'm so hungry for Hawaiin pizza now... (You know, ham and pineapple!) Yum...

The pizza place here is pretty good too, which doesn't help, it's probably still open too... Oooh the temptations...

Haven't made my own in years, i've forgotten how to. Think i should try again soon.

Don't even get me started on Doner Kebabs... :drool:

v0id
14-05-2008, 00:26
Pizza Hut won't go the extra .2 of a mile to deliver to my street so I can order online

sad times :(

Druchii
14-05-2008, 00:33
Pizza Hut won't go the extra .2 of a mile to deliver to my street so I can order online

sad times :(
What happens if you ring them to place it?

Also, why not try a more local place, their pizzas tend to be nicer in my experience.

cimt
14-05-2008, 00:48
Is it wrong that I've never been to Domino's or Pizza Hut...

...I'll be on my way out...

Druchii
14-05-2008, 01:11
Is it wrong that I've never been to Domino's or Pizza Hut...

...I'll be on my way out...
You're not missing much... Local pizzarias were alway best IMO.

Mr_love_monkey
14-05-2008, 07:01
chicken kickers

I read that as Chicken Knickers...

Cobbydaler
14-05-2008, 07:02
I read that as Chicken Knickers...

That's because you're fowl minded... :erm:

Enuff
14-05-2008, 08:19
Among all the bad things we talk about, I think we should talk about the wonder that is Pizza. What is better than coming home, from the pub, and ordering a pizza, and chicken kickers, and ice cream from dominos pizza eh?A large bowl of Farleys' Rusks with hot milk... http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/drooling_homer-thumb.JPG Mmmmm Faaarleys.

Graham M
14-05-2008, 08:42
Gah, i ahte you OP.... I'm so hungry for Hawaiin pizza now... (You know, ham and pineapple!)

Breaking news! Hawaiian... Not Hawaiian!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaian_pizza

Mr_love_monkey
14-05-2008, 09:16
That's because you're fowl minded... :erm:

least you didn't tell me I'm a cock...

---------- Post added at 09:16 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

You're not missing much... Local pizzarias were alway best IMO.

I think you can't beat dominos for take away pizza.. Texas BBQ.. I can usually sit down and eat a full size one in one sitting.

What's that noise? - oh just my arteries clogging up

PeteTheMusicGuy
14-05-2008, 09:40
Pizza mmmmmmmm :D

Druchii
14-05-2008, 12:50
Breaking news! Hawaiian... Not Hawaiian!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaian_pizza
Now... Where did i put that Killbot... :p:

Halcyon
14-05-2008, 16:56
Used to go to a Pizzeria in Austria where he made the dough in front of you, roasted in the stone oven, topping, etc, all within a few minutes.
Lovely pizza !

Mr_love_monkey
14-05-2008, 17:05
Used to go to a Pizzeria in Austria where he made the dough in front of you, roasted in the stone oven, topping, etc, all within a few minutes.
Lovely pizza !

Long way to go for a pizza...

Nidge
14-05-2008, 20:48
My favourite pizzas tend to come from Kebab Shops they're always very well priced and are lovely :)

Everytime, there's a kebab shop round here that do the best pizzas on the planet, you can forget Pizza hut and Dominos this place is the muts nuts. I have one every Sunday on my cheat day.

scrotnig
14-05-2008, 20:56
The many people for whom both the pub and pizza delivery is an unaffordable luxury.

homealone
14-05-2008, 21:09
The many people for whom both the pub and pizza delivery is an unaffordable luxury.

Making your own pizza can be really cheap, especially the 'french bread' type - buy a baguette, split in half, coat with tomato pureé & pesto,

Add some sliced or grated cheese & cook in oven for a few minutes to warm the bread through,

Then brown off the cheese under the grill - any extras like anchovies etc, are to your taste - but can defeat the 'cheap' objective ;)

<edit> forgot to add the sprinkle of worcestershire sauce on the cheese before you grill it :)

CycoSymz
14-05-2008, 21:47
Everytime, there's a kebab shop round here that do the best pizzas on the planet, you can forget Pizza hut and Dominos this place is the muts nuts. I have one every Sunday on my cheat day.

Which place would that be then?

Nidge
14-05-2008, 21:49
Which place would that be then?

Santus on New Cross, he does the best pizzas round here.

CycoSymz
14-05-2008, 22:02
Santus on New Cross, he does the best pizzas round here.

Not had a Pizza for a while but I usually go to Busy Bee's or Pappas for mine.

bw41101
14-05-2008, 22:30
the wonder that is Pizza.

Oh you mean S**T cakes! Them things that look, and smell like a cow pat wrapped in a cardboard box.:D

Thought that's what you meant - glad that you're eating it - Yuuuk! :sick:

Si thee

Halcyon
14-05-2008, 23:08
Making your own pizza can be really cheap, .....

I have to agree with you Gaz.

Although you can have a lovely pizza at restaurants, a homemade one can be just as good.

I quite like the tiger bread baguettes. You can even sprinkle the bread with a few drops of olive oil for flavouring and vary your cheeses, add some herbs, etc.
Cheeses such as Brie (that people might not instantly think of for melting) goes really nicely with tomato and basil.

homealone
14-05-2008, 23:14
I have to agree with you Gaz.

Although you can have a lovely pizza at these restaurants, a homemade one can be just as good.

I quite like the tiger bread baguettes. You can even sprinkle the bread with a few drops of olive oil for flavouring and vary your cheeses, add some herbs, etc.
Cheeses such as Brie (that people might not instantly think of for melting) goes really nicely with tomato and basil.

Absolutely - I really hate the 'home made pizza base' products that are really biscuits, not bread, so if given the choice I would rather the baguette :erm:

your comments regarding the brie & tomato & basil are spot on :tu: :drool:

Nidge
15-05-2008, 05:17
Not had a Pizza for a while but I usually go to Busy Bee's or Pappas for mine.

I called at Busy Bee's on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon for a chicken kebab, I must say they do a cracking chicken kebab.

CycoSymz
16-05-2008, 06:16
I called at Busy Bee's on Bank Holiday Monday afternoon for a chicken kebab, I must say they do a cracking chicken kebab.

Yes, I have to agree.

PeteTheMusicGuy
16-05-2008, 09:25
Cant have pizza without a few cans of beer :)

Tech_Boy
16-05-2008, 14:08
I'm going to my local Dominos tonight, for the £9.99 deal, a large peperoni passion, with a dominator base, and no sauce.

Uncle Peter
16-05-2008, 15:12
ASK do lovely pizzas if you're eating out. Great soups of the day for starters too.

Wicked_and_Crazy
16-05-2008, 15:22
imho what comes out of Domino's shows no similarity to a Pizza other than its shape and size

tweetypie/8
16-05-2008, 15:57

your welcome to them damien,wouldnt touch them with a barge pole yuk.:erm:

LemonyBrainAid
17-05-2008, 16:33
your welcome to them damien,wouldnt touch them with a barge pole yuk.:erm:

you're a monster! :p:

I love pizza too. Ordered a pizza at 2AM last night from Pizza-GoGo... was actually quite nice, first time I've had one of theirs :D

TheDaddy
17-05-2008, 17:11
Making your own pizza can be really cheap, especially the 'french bread' type - buy a baguette, split in half, coat with tomato pureé & pesto,

Add some sliced or grated cheese & cook in oven for a few minutes to warm the bread through,

Then brown off the cheese under the grill - any extras like anchovies etc, are to your taste - but can defeat the 'cheap' objective ;)

<edit> forgot to add the sprinkle of worcestershire sauce on the cheese before you grill it :)

Your not wrong, costs about a £1 to make a pizza yet they charge you £15 :shocked:

Shadow Demon UK
17-05-2008, 17:17
If you order on the dominos website you can save 25% off your order if you spend £20 or more using this code - CYQLPXAW

:tu:

frogstamper
17-05-2008, 17:27
I order Russian pizza, not good.. potato and beetroot topping, with polonium on the side courtesy of Vlad Putin.;)