PDA

View Full Version : New menu ?

fudge
13-05-2008, 20:31
I have virgin media as my internet provider , i have just turned computer on and for some reason i have a new menu appear at top of my page. It looks like its from ask jeeves because it starts of with the ask logo then a list of differant topics . I have not installed this but was woundering is this a new thing that virgin has added . Cant say i like it beeing there myself as it makes page that much smaller , if this is not a virgin application has any one any ideas how to get rid of it . Thanks

Kymmy
13-05-2008, 21:37
Sounds like you've instaled a toolbar on your PC, check your ADD?REMOVE PROGRAMS list in your control panel to see if ASK JEEVES has a remove option.

The toolbars can be associated with lots of webpages/programs and can install without you realising but is NOT anything to do with VM

Kymmy

fudge
15-05-2008, 17:47
Thanks Kymmy , found it on the add /remove programes
and got rid of it , i have no idea how it got downloaded.

Kymmy
15-05-2008, 19:09
Thanks Kymmy , found it on the add /remove programes
and got rid of it , i have no idea how it got downloaded.

Glad you're sorted.

You might though find that it got installed with another bit of software as things like Adobe, Java and other stuff now give you the choice of installing yahoo/google or other toolbars...sometimes you just click yes and don;t realise until it pops up..

It's the way that the freeby software stays free by taking on this sort of toolbar sponsorship

Kymmy

grdead
16-05-2008, 13:17
And just to add on ... if you can not find the program in Windows Add/Remove programs list , you can try this fix : Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet properties > Advanced > Uncheck the box that says " Enable 3rd party browser extensions" . Works everytime !!!

xspeedyx
16-05-2008, 13:27
also make sure you have ccleaner installed to get rid of all traces of uninstalled software