PDA

View Full Version : Lots of flashing lights!

GeoffB
11-05-2008, 09:54
When I connect via ethernet (20Mb) my modem and router's lights go berserk, constantly flashing even though I might have shut down IE and OE so there should be no activity. But if I connect via wireless and unplug the ethernet line, everything settles down to the four solid green lights until I start downloading something. Can anyone shed any light on this? It's not firewall/antivirus updates as this activity can go on for ages.

whydoIneedatech
11-05-2008, 09:59
When I connect via ethernet (20Mb) my modem and router's lights go berserk, constantly flashing even though I might have shut down IE and OE so there should be no activity. But if I connect via wireless and unplug the ethernet line, everything settles down to the four solid green lights until I start downloading something. Can anyone shed any light on this? It's not firewall/antivirus updates as this activity can go on for ages.

Can you post a screenshot of your power levels open your browser and put the following in your address bar : 192.168.100.1 possibly you may be asked for username and password which would both be "root"

Post the make and model of modem as well