PDA

View Full Version : More planned maintenance to improve capacity....

Noggo
11-05-2008, 09:34
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/maintenanceissue.do;jsessionid=20D5EFA941C05336D06 67BDC3CF4A5E7.jsps304p:28009?ticket=120508

and yet again it looks like the planned date of 14 May given to me my newsgroup support for the Bromsgrove UBR capacity upgrade is missed again, as the only place listed is Wolverhampton.

Rearrange these words into a well known phrase;
the back camel's broke The that straw.

Well I'll wait and see what the Wednesday brings. I can't keep on going on like this, I might have to say;
Au revoir, Hej då, Zay gesunt, Sala kahle, Adiós, Dyw genes, Beannachd leibh, Hwyl, Do widzenia, Ciao, Sayonara, Goodbye Virgin Media

AmAtoL
11-05-2008, 09:46
I'm getting my BT line reinstated asap as I have said before just for my gaming, obviously keeping VM for the rest of the house on a downgraded package for now.
I believe they are doing an installation offer discount of £95 which will make it approx £30, sounds much better to me. I've not checked to see if it is valid but it was posted by a CF member, perhaps on the newsgroup I can't remember :)

Noggo
11-05-2008, 10:07
I'm lucky, I've already got a BT line up and running. All I have to do is decide on what ISP to go with?

wow £ 34.99 for complete BT install, not bad.

If you do go for it, remember to go Paperless billing (saving £ 1.60 ish per quarter) and payment by Direct Debit (saving £ 4.50 per quarter). As Tescos keeps reminding everyone `every little helps'

AmAtoL
11-05-2008, 10:34
To be fair I have a line to the house, it's just that I disconnected the master socket when we had cable installed. It may not have cost £125 in the end but at least it won't cost more than £30 hopefully.
It's just the ISP then as you say noggo. I can get Be* and all the others but I may go with a smaller one like Aquiss ? as has been recommended. Stability is the key issue here, although I may end up being left well out of bed if the line is very poor. Having said that it was ok on dial up gaming.

Sirius
11-05-2008, 10:40
I'm getting my BT line reinstated asap as I have said before just for my gaming, obviously keeping VM for the rest of the house on a downgraded package for now.
I believe they are doing an installation offer discount of £95 which will make it approx £30, sounds much better to me. I've not checked to see if it is valid but it was posted by a CF member, perhaps on the newsgroup I can't remember :)

Already done it. Just waiting on Virgin pushing the self destruct button over the Phorm spyware then i am off to BT. Due to having a socket with dial tone they reconnected me for free :tu:

Noggo
11-05-2008, 13:19
Already done it. Just waiting on Virgin pushing the self destruct button over the Phorm spyware then i am off to BT. Due to having a socket with dial tone they reconnected me for free :tu:

Don't blame you, especially after VM have made their T&C 'Phorm' Friendly. I think it's a matter of dot the i's, cross the t's and (ker-ching) check bank balance unfortunately.
Link for those people who haven't read it yet; http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/400/virgin-media-make-their-terms-and-conditions-phorm-friendly

jcw00
11-05-2008, 21:23
I'm getting my BT line reinstated asap

A re-connection is normally free (was for me) or around £10. The price of £125 is for a brand new install.

Wild Oscar
11-05-2008, 22:34
A re-connection is normally free (was for me) or around £10. The price of £125 is for a brand new install.

That's interesting! .. thanks for that!!

Down the Pub
12-05-2008, 11:08

i to am eyeing up a change, only little things like no internet or email for last 4 weeks, my email has vanished and will take minimum of 3 days to fix.

anyway just spoke to a very helpful lady at bt sales, and she said that the install charge is £125 .......but you can pay that over 6 months with your bill, it's now serious consideration time.

slowcoach
12-05-2008, 11:09
My neighbour had ntl broadband for 12 months and then went back to BT.
When the installer came he said “Your phone socket is a little old, I’ll replace it, oh and I might as well replace this other one as well”, my neighbour thinks What a nice chap, later the bill arrived £185, he went ape.

chickendippers
12-05-2008, 11:41
Be careful, when I had my line activated (just moved into a house) activating the line was free, but I was locked into a 12 month contract which BT failed to mention. I was not a happy bunny when I switched to Sky and found a disconnection fee on my BT bill!