PDA

View Full Version : move in 30 days

nitroz
08-05-2008, 17:48
Hi, I'm currently on the phone/2mb BB package @ 15.50 with 5 months left on my contract. I'm moving back into my parents house for a while next month, they currently pay £18 a month for 2mb cable BB from NTL and there phone and TV are with Sky. I rang Ntl earlier and told them that I'd be moving from my flat on the 8th of June to my parents.

Options I was given,
1) Pay a £70~ disconnection charge and have the account closed.
2) have my parents close there NTL BB account "there not in contract" and have just my 2mb BB account moved there, for £10 1st 6 months, £18 there after on a new 12 month contract.
3) Have ntl broadband via there Bt line at £14.50 a month i think, don't think i start a new contract with this.

ideally I'd not go through all the hassle and just cancel, but seems a waste of £70, so any thoughts on my best option, for now my account is flagged for just disconnection and incurring the fee.

whydoIneedatech
08-05-2008, 17:54
Hi, I'm currently on the phone/2mb BB package @ 15.50 with 5 months left on my contract. I'm moving back into my parents house for a while next month, they currently pay £18 a month for 2mb cable BB from NTL and there phone and TV are with Sky. I rang Ntl earlier and told them that I'd be moving from my flat on the 8th of June to my parents.

Options I was given,
1) Pay a £70~ disconnection charge and have the account closed.
2) have my parents close there NTL BB account "there not in contract" and have just my 2mb BB account moved there, for £10 1st 6 months, £18 there after on a new 12 month contract.
3) Have ntl broadband via there Bt line at £14.50 a month i think, don't think i start a new contract with this.

ideally I'd not go through all the hassle and just cancel, but seems a waste of £70, so any thoughts on my best option, for now my account is flagged for just disconnection and incurring the fee.

If its a permanent move and your parents are ok with it take option 2 as it is the cheaper option and your parents can still use their BT line.

nitroz
08-05-2008, 18:09
Will not be perminent i'd say 3 months tops, which means they will have to get an internet service reinstalled and ill be moving my account to another address.

whydoIneedatech
08-05-2008, 18:15
Will not be perminent i'd say 3 months tops, which means they will have to get an internet service reinstalled and ill be moving my account to another address.

Ring up Customer Relations on 150 option 4 and ask if a Timeout/Temporary freezing of your account is possible.

If not I would still go with option 2 and when you move open a completely New account or pay the £70 to close your account.

ceedee
08-05-2008, 22:47

I've not read a positive comment about Virgin ADSL in months either here or other forums.
I'd highly suggest you consider either option 1 or 2 and, on no account, get talked into Virgin ADSL.
(In fact, I can't think of anything worse you could do except signup with Tiscali...)

whydoIneedatech
08-05-2008, 22:50
I've not read a positive comment about Virgin ADSL in months either here or other forums.
I'd highly suggest you consider either option 1 or 2 and, on no account, get talked into Virgin ADSL.
(In fact, I can't think of anything worse you could do except signup with Tiscali...)

Wash your mouth out for saying/writing the T word.:LOL:

ceedee
08-05-2008, 23:35
Wash your mouth out for saying/writing the T word.:LOL:

:gpoint: :sick:

It's quite frightening to read that possibly the most viable candidate to purchase T****** is Vodafone.
:nono:

nitroz
08-05-2008, 23:44
thanks for the replies guess ill pick option 2 then hand my parents the bill :)

whydoIneedatech
09-05-2008, 06:40
:gpoint: :sick:

It's quite frightening to read that possibly the most viable candidate to purchase T****** is Vodafone.
:nono:

And what an improvement in service will that not make:LOL: