PDA

View Full Version : friendsreunited - now free!

Russ
08-05-2008, 14:38
Seems like they've felt the pinch from facebook - the service is now free :)

I reckon ITV made a huge mistake in buying it and the original owners must be laughing all the way to the bank....

dilli-theclaw
08-05-2008, 14:41
Cheers. Seeing as I'm now sad and lonely I'll give the dating thing a go :)

altis
08-05-2008, 15:03
But be wary of that old flame:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7354873.stm

bopdude
08-05-2008, 15:22
Shouldn't the title be, Friends re-united, free again, as it was free in the beginning IIRC

zing_deleted
08-05-2008, 15:25
you had to pay to email other members iirc just to look and be on there was always free i think . There is only really one person id like to contact from my school days and she aint there. Most of those I knew at school can rot in hell

bopdude
08-05-2008, 15:28
you had to pay to email other members iirc just to look and be on there was always free i think . There is only really one person id like to contact from my school days and she aint there. Most of those I knew at school can rot in hell

I can't remember how we contacted each other ( via the site ) but an ex did get in touch and I never paid a penny to the site :shrug:

handyman
08-05-2008, 16:30
I can't remember how we contacted each other ( via the site ) but an ex did get in touch and I never paid a penny to the site :shrug:

She would have paid not you.

What hacks me off is it was not long back that Claire paid up for this.

bw41101
08-05-2008, 17:34
Most of those I knew at school can rot in hell

Looks like me and thee really enjoyed our schooldays owd cocker. :erm: Don't know about you, but I was bullied at school (who wasn't at some point), but I've got to admit there's been some periods whereupon the bullies (who never seem to grow up) that still look upon their old victims in the same light, have reaped their just deserts in a most glorious and painful manner. :bsmack:

What's the old watchword - vengeance is a dish best served cold. :D Rubber cosh anyone? :D

Si thee

zing_deleted
08-05-2008, 17:39
I was bullied throughout my school years but a lot worse in comprehensive. I ended up making friends with the wrong sort just cuz they were easy to make friends with and ended up with 8 years of solvent abuse for my troubles. They did have a go at me at the 10 year reunion. They wont bully me anymore cuz im stronger then pretty much all of em and have a mean right hook but I have to be disaplined so revenge isnt an option but if they were to start ......

Raistlin
08-05-2008, 18:45
Anybody else having problems with their site?

Doesn't matter if I'm using IE or Firefox none of the editing functions seem to work, I can't make any changes to my profile. It looks for all the world like some sort of Java problem, but I have the latest version of Java installed so it shouldn't be that.

Any thoughts?

Wicked_and_Crazy
08-05-2008, 18:51

Works fine here (IE7)

SMHarman
08-05-2008, 19:19

Doesn't matter if I'm using IE or Firefox none of the editing functions seem to work, I can't make any changes to my profile. It looks for all the world like some sort of Java problem, but I have the latest version of Java installed so it shouldn't be that.

Any thoughts?Not when I looked at it last night but I don't like the new design compared to last time I was looking on it. The default view of seeing your whole graduation year to now picking your friends (which is more facebook here are your friends and search for friends style) annoyed me.

I think the discreet networking sites will slowly die as people cannot be bothered to maintain multiple locations. Facebook were a shrewd early adopter to that and moving from being college only 2 years ago is doing them great favours now.

Paul
08-05-2008, 20:29
Can't get on the site atm

Jules
10-05-2008, 13:35
Seems to be working ok again

Derek
10-05-2008, 13:38
It all just seems a bit too open to me.

At least on Bebo and Facebook you can restrict who can see what about you.

Tezcatlipoca
11-05-2008, 00:25
I gave up on Friends Reunited ages ago.

tweetypie/8
12-05-2008, 12:13
Seems like they've felt the pinch from facebook - the service is now free :)

I reckon ITV made a huge mistake in buying it and the original owners must be laughing all the way to the bank....

i personally have no time for forums like that,i choose my own friends and i have no complaints,i am also reading about a lot of bullying which i have never experienced,i have the reputation of being a hard man which i dont like,i dont go out of my way to hurt or harm anybody but at the same time i wont cow down to anyone,my main fault is being too outspoken at times i wish i wasnt.