PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Installation Problems

kalawera
07-05-2008, 13:01
Hi, everybody,
I live in westminster, w93qg and 2 months ago I contacted Virgin to get their broadband Internet. Unfortunately I don't have a phone line in the flat, so a new cable was supposed to be laid from the street to the flat. The first time virgin team was here they couldn't find the BT service pipe from the street to the house and they told me that a new service pipe could take up to three months to install and they left. I asked my neighbors how they get their phone service and I was shown the service pipe which was in the basement. I called Virgin again, set a new install date, but when they came I was told that the pipe is too narrow for their cable. But according to new regulations BT now is putting new service pipes for only 2 weeks. They said they will order that one, but now after 3 weeks no service pipe is installed and I have a new install date within a week. My question here is who should speak about this and confirm that the pipe will be installed on time- Virgin "customer" care has no clue what to tell me and are constantly switching me through departments.
Sorry about the long post, but something as simple as Internet cable shouldn't take 2 months, not in the year 2008, not in one of the most developed and powerful countries in the world.(BT would install me a phone line for 124 and a rip-off year long contract, which is not my cup of tea)
Thank you!

BenMcr
07-05-2008, 13:50
Westmister customers have a dedicated Customer Services team on 0800 952 0345 who should be able to help

This is because of the network and product differences. (i.e can only get analogue TV and BB from Virgin)