PDA

View Full Version : Makes me sad..

kryogenik
07-05-2008, 13:53
Though it's no surprise or not even seldom seen, it still makes me very sad to see a parent rip into a tiny child with such rage and foul language.
I've just seen a mother call her (no more than) 2 year old some really, really horrible names. Really effing and blinding at this little angel because she couldn't push her pram over rough land and had stumbled and fell onto her bum. She told her she was 'totally pee'd off' with her and that she was going to get a slap if she didn't get up off her bleep and push her bleeping pram because 'you wanted to bring it, NOT bleeping me'. She's TWO YEARS OLD YOU MORON. I just stood and watched, she didnt care who saw or heard her. She called her pathetic and annoying.
:(
I could never, ever dream of speaking to my daughter like that but If I ever did, I'd hope somebody would walk over and smack me in the gob.
How can someone speak to & treat a baby like that. The little lass was mortified.
It makes me really sad. What a horrible thing for me and my girl to witness on such a gorgeous day as today.
:(:(

Tightscot
07-05-2008, 14:03
nothing like setting an example to your children is there :mad:

Derek
07-05-2008, 14:03
Sadly not that uncommon. And people wonder why children seem to have no respect for teachers/police/doctors etc. these days.

I've seen a few shocking things recently involving parent and child. Probably the one that stands out was the woman (term used very loosely) trying to pop headphones into the ear of her 7 week old so it could listen to some crappy happy hardcore music from her phone.
She actually seemed to wonder why it was crying. :rolleyes:

Really what chance do some of these kids have when they are brought up by parents who can barely function themselves as a member of society let alone try to raise and instill some values in children.

kryogenik
07-05-2008, 14:06
Probably the one that stands out was the woman (term used very loosely) trying to pop headphones into the ear of her 7 week old so it could listen to some crappy happy hardcore music from her phone.
She actually seemed to wonder why it was crying. :rolleyes:

*shakes head*

Halcyon
08-05-2008, 01:15
I see people like that on the bus, swearing in front of their children, dragging them around like they are nothing.
One mum the other day was letting her 3 year old climb on to a bin and suck it's fingers and it was really dirty !
They should be ashamed of themselves !

tweetypie/8
08-05-2008, 09:51
Though it's no surprise or not even seldom seen, it still makes me very sad to see a parent rip into a tiny child with such rage and foul language.
I've just seen a mother call her (no more than) 2 year old some really, really horrible names. Really effing and blinding at this little angel because she couldn't push her pram over rough land and had stumbled and fell onto her bum. She told her she was 'totally pee'd off' with her and that she was going to get a slap if she didn't get up off her bleep and push her bleeping pram because 'you wanted to bring it, NOT bleeping me'. She's TWO YEARS OLD YOU MORON. I just stood and watched, she didnt care who saw or heard her. She called her pathetic and annoying.
:(
I could never, ever dream of speaking to my daughter like that but If I ever did, I'd hope somebody would walk over and smack me in the gob.
How can someone speak to & treat a baby like that. The little lass was mortified.
It makes me really sad. What a horrible thing for me and my girl to witness on such a gorgeous day as today.

one word for it gob s...e.:mad:

KaySquirrel
09-05-2008, 15:21
If that went on in public loud enough for kryogenik to hear, I dread to think what kind of thing happens in the privacy of their own home. :erm:

Jules
09-05-2008, 22:19
Poor little thing

Hom3r
09-05-2008, 22:28
I never swear in front of any kids.

But if I say Bugger, Dam in front of my nephew or niece my sister gives me a filthy look.

G UK
09-05-2008, 22:30
I must say although I find the idea uncomfortable people like this make a good case for limiting the breeding of people to those that are likely to at least attempt the effort necessary to bring up a child.

Unfortunately that is unworkable as one we would never agree on the criteria and two who would we trust to manage it without abusing the power

webcrawler2050
18-05-2008, 21:20
This is disgusting!

I have a lot of contact with young "Chavvy" Parents and I must say, it disgusts me and all they do is laugh. I was chating to one lad today, who was expecting his first.. young lad he be, 21, bit of a silly fool, no real prospects, etc. Anywho, I thought, fair enough, maybe this can "turn him around" the answer is he doesn't care.

He told me his partner, who is 8 months gone, does all sorts, drink, drugs, smoke, you name it, she does it. I was sickened to hear this, full of rag and my blood was boiling and it got worse.

I asked the lad, why the hell would you let your women, do that to your child. He said dont know.

By this time, I was steaming, furious! I raised my voice to the lad, thats is your effing blood and guts, you have to stop her. He said, I cant

I told him straight, you shouldnt be a father, nor do you deserve to be. I told him, you have children, to give them the best possible start in life & give them everthing. Love and adore them!

He said "and" by this time, i was livid, gave him so comments and walked away. The same happens with alot of young-ens I meet. Same story, same ole.

I will never & never have:- Swore in front of my daughter. I dont drink so that is not a problem, I dont want people drinking in front of her or in her house. Smoking, is a no-no. Full stop.

It really upsets me, to think these poor inncoent children are getting treat like this!

Maggy
18-05-2008, 21:27
This is disgusting!

I have a lot of contact with young "Chavvy" Parents and I must say, it disgusts me and all they do is laugh. I was chating to one lad today, who was expecting his first.. young lad he be, 21, bit of a silly fool, no real prospects, etc. Anywho, I thought, fair enough, maybe this can "turn him around" the answer is he doesn't care.

He told me his partner, who is 8 months gone, does all sorts, drink, drugs, smoke, you name it, she does it. I was sickened to hear this, full of rag and my blood was boiling and it got worse.

I asked the lad, why the hell would you let your women, do that to your child. He said dont know.

By this time, I was steaming, furious! I raised my voice to the lad, thats is your effing blood and guts, you have to stop her. He said, I cant

I told him straight, you shouldnt be a father, nor do you deserve to be. I told him, you have children, to give them the best possible start in life & give them everthing. Love and adore them!

He said "and" by this time, i was livid, gave him so comments and walked away. The same happens with alot of young-ens I meet. Same story, same ole.

I will never & never have:- Swore in front of my daughter. I dont drink so that is not a problem, I dont want people drinking in front of her or in her house. Smoking, is a no-no. Full stop.

It really upsets me, to think these poor inncoent children are getting treat like this!

It is a vicious circle in some families.You find yourself teaching one damaged generation who in short order produce the next generation and ruin them turning them into the next group of damaged students unable to concentrate long enough to learn anything.

Thankfully this group are a small group and the majority of people and their children are well adjusted members of society.

webcrawler2050
18-05-2008, 21:31
Just breaks my heart to see this happening and the fact that theses people dont give a flying

zing_deleted
18-05-2008, 22:14
Although there is no excusing this behaviour no one here has any idea of whats going on in this persons life. I for one suffer from stress and my life at the minute is getting me down. I do admit I sometimes take my frustration out on my daughter and on other people in the form of snapping verbally. But even though I sometimes shout swear and get verbally angry there is no more important person in my life than my daughter

Maggy
18-05-2008, 22:25
Although there is no excusing this behaviour no one here has any idea of whats going on in this persons life. I for one suffer from stress and my life at the minute is getting me down. I do admit I sometimes take my frustration out on my daughter and on other people in the form of snapping verbally. But even though I sometimes shout swear and get verbally angry there is no more important person in my life than my daughter

True but I have never spoken to my children in that manner and I'm sure you haven't even when upset and frustrated..:)

zing_deleted
18-05-2008, 22:29
I put my hands up and say sometimes ive gone to far verbally but always feel guilty after. It is normally when im in one of my slumps as of now but she does understand. I did say it does not excuse this behaviour as I do not try to excuse me when I do snap but as you say I doubt I go as far as this person appears to have

homealone
18-05-2008, 22:56
A wise person said that 'Swearing should only be used for emphasis, not punctuation' - and I agree :)

cimt
18-05-2008, 23:00
Round here kids swear for the fun of it...

I've seen parents with a few kinds with them who have proper dragged the kids because they wouldn't go with her. I see where the kids where coming from. They don't deserve kids. It's as if they were mistakes so they take it out on the kids.

I think that makes sense.

homealone
18-05-2008, 23:39
It isn't 'just' swearing in public ..

I recently witnessed a couple shouting (and swearing) at each other outside a supermarket.

- he had apparently nicked some of her methadone & was being verbally abused, big time..

At the time my first reaction was why they weren't ashamed to discuss it, other than in private, but they didn't seem to care??

kryogenik
19-05-2008, 14:14
Although there is no excusing this behaviour no one here has any idea of whats going on in this persons life.

Very true. And you do tend to snap on whoever's the nearest.
This was different tho Zing. She was verbally lambasting a tiny little thing with virtually no let-up. Where I live, it's chav central so it's no new thing but I've never seen such a very young kid get so toasted by it's mother in public for something as simple as stumbling with a pram. The incident was the sort of thing where you or I would probably scoop her up and give her knee a rub or whatever. That's how innocent it was. Can only think the mother was one of those walking powder kegs. You see the chavs acting like it all the time - one word out of place and it's all pointing & veins in the temple.
Pathetic. Must be hard maintaining that level of anger day in, day out.
Makes you wonder how someone like that could ever get in the family way in the first place...

cimt
19-05-2008, 14:26
Very true. And you do tend to snap on whoever's the nearest.
This was different tho Zing. She was verbally lambasting a tiny little thing with virtually no let-up. Where I live, it's chav central so it's no new thing but I've never seen such a very young kid get so toasted by it's mother in public for something as simple as stumbling with a pram. The incident was the sort of thing where you or I would probably scoop her up and give her knee a rub or whatever. That's how innocent it was. Can only think the mother was one of those walking powder kegs. You see the chavs acting like it all the time - one word out of place and it's all pointing & veins in the temple.
Pathetic. Must be hard maintaining that level of anger day in, day out.
Makes you wonder how someone like that could ever get in the family way in the first place...

You meant chavs. I don't know if it's filtered but they're usually full on slags! :angel:

joglynne
19-05-2008, 17:39
I put my hands up and say sometimes ive gone to far verbally but always feel guilty after. It is normally when im in one of my slumps as of now but she does understand. I did say it does not excuse this behaviour as I do not try to excuse me when I do snap but as you say I doubt I go as far as this person appears to have

Another big difference zing, is that you know when you have gone to far.

I think that it's important that a child sees that, when an adult acts in an inappropriate way, the adult feels remorse. Your daughter can see that you are human, not perfect, and when you apologise she learns a lesson that will help her in her future life.

The sad aspect of these other parents is that they have no grasp of the negative effect that their own upbringing has had on them and the knock on effect it will have on their own children.

sherer
19-05-2008, 17:48
i;ve just moved into an ex council play and there is a single mum on the first floor. It seems every day she shouts and screams at her kids and they are only about 8 if that and somehow they have learnt to scream and shout back not where where from though.

I have heard her say the following to here kids

"You don't respect me so why should I respect you you c**ts"

"I've just cleaned that you ba***rds"

This isn't the sort of language a woman should be using let along in front of her kids.

Everyday the doors slam and there is screaming and this is no real environment for the kids to be brought up in

Vlad_Dracul
25-05-2008, 09:51
Thats what happens in a free society where trash are permitted to have children.