PDA

View Full Version : Ipswich - Slow disconnected performance...AGAIN!!!

tt1
02-05-2008, 23:02
Feels like Ground hog day akin to about 4-5 weeks ago

But just incase I am being paranoid (wasnt last time either) can anyone confirm
whether their Ipswich IP1-4 performance is bad yesterday/today

Pings seems to be a successful ping followed by a time out (more often than not)

A download will race up fast and then tumble down to zero for a few seconds and then up again ...the fast speed btw is no where near what I am paying for (XL)

This was the case yesterday evening, all today morning, lunch and now evening

Before I rant..I'd just like another opinion

I am IP1 btw in Ipswich

peanut
02-05-2008, 23:09
Totally spot on in the IP2 area, hitting max rates consistantly. haven't had any faults at all here.

tt1
02-05-2008, 23:18
OK so perhaps its (like last time) just IP1?

Or maybe just me but not convinced on that one...yet

LadyM (nay BeckyD I think now..)?

BeckyD
04-05-2008, 17:31
Hi tt1,

Sorry I didn't post earlier, I haven't been around much the last couple of days.

I actually switched to Aquiss at the end of last month. But I do have the VM connection still running and my husband is using it for large downloads and streaming media until we are officially disconnected at the end of our 30 day notice period. He has noticed some very slow performance over the last few days and cutouts again, so I think something may well be happening again.

I don't fancy being given the run around by tech support again, but if you're still having problems and need someone else local to call in and report it then do let me know. :)

Sorry for the confusion with my name BTW. I'd been using the old one for years on another forum and fancied having something that suited me better. :D

tt1
06-05-2008, 01:28
Thanks Becky - its so bad tonight I had to contact TS

They have booked another engineer who will come tomorrow. The test
TS just did (at 1:15am) shows lost packets so I am not dreaming about
this problem it seems

Whether its modem or similar I dunno - we will see but I notice there is
a known ticker for IP2 area of Ipswich tonight - so may be IP1 aswell ???

Sorry to hear you had your fill of VM - Dependent on how they deal with this
I too will leave

Woolly One
06-05-2008, 15:15
They have booked another engineer who will come tomorrow. The test
TS just did (at 1:15am) shows lost packets so I am not dreaming about
this problem it seems

Whether its modem or similar I dunno - we will see but I notice there is
a known ticker for IP2 area of Ipswich tonight - so may be IP1 aswell ???

How did it go? Was it the modem or have VM got a problem - which is nothing unusal:) Our superfast(?) BB has been going from slow to slower in our bit of IP1. I was begining to think it was our modem, which is getting a little old (NTL 120).

I didn't want to bug TS yet, without more info.

:)

tt1
07-05-2008, 16:53
I wasnt happy - they told me 12-4pm visit - I took time off work

They never came. I rang TS who then informed me that the engineer had seemingly moved
the appointment without consultation to next day 12-4pm - which I couldnt make obviously

I registered a complaint with CS (who it seems cannot contact TS direct as thats a premium number) expecting all calls to be reimbursed and I would let them know when convenient for me for an appointment

But as BeckyD intimated, I've had enough getting mucked around by TS at the moment
and re-assessing my options

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

btw that NTL 120 should be replaced....thats got a max speed of 6Meg Im sure...
So if you have 20, then you are getting throttled straight away

Not that we get anywhere near 20 anyway.......

BeckyD
07-05-2008, 17:22
So sorry to hear you've been messed about tt1. It's appalling that nobody bothered to inform you about the date change. I presume an engineer has been re-booked for you, at a more convenient time?

I must admit I was very nervous about switching to ADSL (plus BT made an almighty screw-up with my connection fee) but I'm very glad I went through with it. I hear my husband swearing constantly at the intermittent and slow VM connection while I'm browsing smoothly on the Aquiss one.

JustinR103
07-05-2008, 18:17
Hi,
I'm from the IP4 area and everything seems fine with my connection. Mind you, I'm on 4mb so might be an issue with the 20meg connections.