PDA

View Full Version : Where to return the modem

Florence
30-04-2008, 21:34
I am wanting to return my modem to VM but finding the correct address is proving somewhat difficult.. Any VM staff could point me in the right direction

whydoIneedatech
30-04-2008, 22:49
I am wanting to return my modem to VM but finding the correct address is proving somewhat difficult.. Any VM staff could point me in the right direction

The is no return address for your modem, if it was a new model they might send a Tech to pick it up, but more likely you can just throw it in the loft or cupboard and forget about it.

Remember it is Virgins equipment if they want it then it is up to them to collect it, not for you to have to pay for returning it.

Angry@VMedia
30-04-2008, 22:56

Inform virgin that you are going to charge them £5 per day that their property remains at your home address, tell them that it is no longer needed and if they do not pick it up within 4 working days you will charge them for storing their modem, this should help.

whydoIneedatech
30-04-2008, 23:04
Inform virgin that you are going to charge them £5 per day that their property remains at your home address, tell them that it is no longer needed and if they do not pick it up within 4 working days you will charge them for storing their modem, this should help.

Well considering the amount of modems that never get picked up( check out EBAY to see what I mean ) they will totally ignore your suggestion.

Try and charge for storage and they will ignore you, try to claim storage fees and the Legal division will stop you.

Florence
30-04-2008, 23:05
The contract I signed when I joined said I had to return it by post but finding an address now is hard. There is a VM van parked up a few streets away a few nights a week might get him to sign for it and give it him. I dont want it hanging about the house for months years etc..

whydoIneedatech
30-04-2008, 23:09
The contract I signed when I joined said I had to return it by post but finding an address now is hard. There is a VM van parked up a few streets away a few nights a week might get him to sign for it and give it him. I dont want it hanging about the house for months years etc..

Probably a better idea than sending a letter demanding Storage fees that would never be paid.

He will tell you if he can take it or if you can dispose of it.

Unless you could post it by Freepost the is no way I would pay Postage to return any item to Virgin.

Florence
01-05-2008, 00:27
The modem itself itsn't that heavy the plug is the heavest part..the contract didn't say I had to return the plug just the modem :D

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 09:54
The modem itself itsn't that heavy the plug is the heavest part..the contract didn't say I had to return the plug just the modem :D

You should not be incurring any costs to yourself by posting back equipment, just send an email to the contact us on the Virgin website or try and give it to that engineer, other than that do nothing.

smeagoly1
01-05-2008, 11:00
I had a Scientific Atlanta for 6 months, had to change adresses to a non cable area, I was just told to dispose of it in a safe manner by VM.
Mind you this may be due to the fact I unfortunatly stayed with VM for the new property so as not to get stung for 250 squid!

Do as the other poster stated, send VM a mail and start charging them rent for their equipment :)

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 11:10
I had a Scientific Atlanta for 6 months, had to change adresses to a non cable area, I was just told to dispose of it in a safe manner by VM.
Mind you this may be due to the fact I unfortunatly stayed with VM for the new property so as not to get stung for 250 squid!

Do as the other poster stated, send VM a mail and start charging them rent for their equipment :)

Try getting payment, all they will do is tell you to dispose of the modem;)

lostandconfused
01-05-2008, 11:33

£5 a day??? Does your modem have its own little flat that it lives in? seems a bit steap otherwise!

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 11:51
I would truly be amazed if Virgin was to pay anything for storage of a modem, they would tell you to dispose of it first.

Florence
01-05-2008, 13:59
Just read the new T&C and

If you fail to return or make available for removal any item of the equipment, you may have to pay extra charges for any individual item of equipment, including the replacement cost and reasonable recovery costs. In addition to our other rights, we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for the return of our equipment.
If this agreement is ended for any reason, or if any of the services are cancelled, we and/or Virgin Media Payments will be entitled to keep any money we and/or Virgin Media Payments hold (including deposits and advance payments), and to use that money to pay any obligation or debt you may owe under this agreement.

Since I owe no debt they tried to claim a full months money I have asked for an amended bill since I will be finished by 4th May and they were trying to charge me to 19th.

I am also trying to return the modem so they will not slap me with charges for the cost of a new modem...

thingi
01-05-2008, 15:56
Check out the European Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive. Virgin Media have a legal responsibility to dispose of the no longer required cable modem.

If you have hassle getting them to collect the unit send them a letter advising of a daily storage fee (from a 'reasonable' future date - uk law generally accepts a 7 day notice) and also remind them of their obligation under the WEEE directive. Don't just do this once though, I strongly advise a weekly letter to Virgin advising of the rising storage costs. Remember storage costs must be 'reasonable' - I'd say £10 per day is a max limit, £5.00 per day is well within already set legal precedents.

If they still don't pick up the equipment or pay you your storage fee take them to the small claims court to recoup the storage 'debt'. It's dead easy, for more info check out http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/small_claims.htm#Types_of_case_dealt_with_in_the_s mall_cl The really funny thing is that most big businesses don't even bother to turn up to court - a default County Court Judgement will be made. Then you get to slap them with a CCJ and get a debt collection agency to hike Virgin's costs hugely and the publicity can be fun too :-)

regards

thingi

p.s. Just remember I am not a trained legal professional, I just happen to have done 'A' Level law many years ago! Research
your options and choose the best path to resolve the issue.

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 16:29
Check out the European Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive. Virgin Media have a legal responsibility to dispose of the no longer required cable modem.

If you have hassle getting them to collect the unit send them a letter advising of a daily storage fee (from a 'reasonable' future date - uk law generally accepts a 7 day notice) and also remind them of their obligation under the WEEE directive. Don't just do this once though, I strongly advise a weekly letter to Virgin advising of the rising storage costs. Remember storage costs must be 'reasonable' - I'd say £10 per day is a max limit, £5.00 per day is well within already set legal precedents.

If they still don't pick up the equipment or pay you your storage fee take them to the small claims court to recoup the storage 'debt'. It's dead easy, for more info check out http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/your_rights/legal_system/small_claims.htm#Types_of_case_dealt_with_in_the_s mall_cl The really funny thing is that most big businesses don't even bother to turn up to court - a default County Court Judgement will be made. Then you get to slap them with a CCJ and get a debt collection agency to hike Virgin's costs hugely and the publicity can be fun too :-)

regards

thingi

p.s. Just remember I am not a trained legal professional, I just happen to have done 'A' Level law many years ago! Research

Except they can sidestep it and request you to dispose of the modem under the same regulations, plus their legal team would laugh at you.

ceedee
01-05-2008, 16:35

Might want to start that research here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34470608-post9.html).

What's that phrase about "a little knowledge..."?
;)

thingi
01-05-2008, 17:07
Except they can sidestep it and request you to dispose of the modem under the same regulations, plus their legal team would laugh at you.

Virgin Media are signed up member of 'Transform' (owned by Biffa). Under WEEE if the cable modem was sold to the CeeDee then a valid route would be to take it to a DCF (designated collection facility).

However, your plain wrong. Virgin cannot sidestep WEEE in this manner since it's their equipment not CeeDee's. Virgin cannot simply redirect a customer to a DCF since they are the owner of the said item not the customer. They must take their equipment back and dispose of it.

thingi

Halcyon
01-05-2008, 17:24
I wonder what would happen if you phoned them up and a tech then said you can throw it away. You throw the modem in the bin.
Two weeks later a letter arrives asking for the modem.

Where would you stand I wonder, after a tech told you over the phone it could be thrown away but you have no proof of that.

lostandconfused
01-05-2008, 17:26
If your really that concered about it, stick it in a jiffy bag and post it to the adress at the bottom of the bill.

If not, put it in a drawer somewhere and forget about it, i think if you havent recieved any requests for return after 6 months you have left it a reasonable time and can chuck it in the local landfill.

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 22:58
[QUOTE=thingi;34542467]Virgin Media are signed up member of 'Transform' (owned by Biffa). Under WEEE if the cable modem was sold to the CeeDee then a valid route would be to take it to a DCF (designated collection facility).

However, your plain wrong. Virgin cannot sidestep WEEE in this manner since it's their equipment not CeeDee's. Virgin cannot simply redirect a customer to a DCF since they are the owner of the said item not the customer. They must take their equipment back and dispose of it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I am so wrong why have you a former A Level Law Student failed to look up and read what I have printed below, only one of us is right and it is the one who bothered to look up the WEEE Directive and established the facts.

Try reading up about the WEEE Directive first before making up silly scenarios about billing Virgin for storage, or insisting that Virgin take back their equipment.

Here is part of the householders responsibilities below notice WEEE only covers goods supplied from July 2007, so the person aboves modem obviously was supplied before then or they would still be under a 12 month contract, so the regulations do not apply.

A section taken from the Householders responsibilities under the WEEE Directive.

"The existing options for having your equipment collected, reused or recycled will continue to be available
to you. However from 1 July 2007, you will now start to see information in shops that sell electrical goods.
This will explain how the shop is going to take back WEEE.
They must either offer in-store take-back or be a part of the Distributor Take-back Scheme (and so tell you where to take it).There will also be information in store about the environmental impact of WEEE and what you can do to help."

----------------------

Link to full householders obligations under WEEE http://publications.environment-agency.gov.uk/pdf/GEHO0507BMOM-e-e.pdf

Link to the WEEE Directive. http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/1745440/444663/1106248/?version=1&lang=_e

Here is a link for recycling centres. http://www.recycle-more.co.uk/banklocator/banklocator.aspx

Stig
01-05-2008, 23:17
If I am so wrong why have you a former A Level Law Student failed to look up and read what I have printed below, only one of us is right and it is the one who bothered to look up the WEEE Directive and established the facts.

Try reading up about the WEEE Directive first before making up silly scenarios about billing Virgin for storage, or insisting that Virgin take back their equipment.

Here is part of the householders responsibilities below notice WEEE only covers goods supplied from July 2007, so the person aboves modem obviously was supplied before then or they would still be under a 12 month contract, so the regulations do not apply.

A section taken from the Householders responsibilities under the WEEE Directive.

"The existing options for having your equipment collected, reused or recycled will continue to be available
to you. However from 1 July 2007, you will now start to see information in shops that sell electrical goods.
This will explain how the shop is going to take back WEEE.
They must either offer in-store take-back or be a part of the Distributor Take-back Scheme (and so tell you where to take it).There will also be information in store about the environmental impact of WEEE and what you can do to help."

----------------------

Link to full householders obligations under WEEE http://publications.environment-agency.gov.uk/pdf/GEHO0507BMOM-e-e.pdf

Link to the WEEE Directive. http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/business/1745440/444663/1106248/?version=1&lang=_e

Here is a link for recycling centres. http://www.recycle-more.co.uk/banklocator/banklocator.aspx

But is that not with reference to sales?? i.e. Goods you own but want to dispose of?? Virgin own the Modems therefore surely the modems are their responsibility.....

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 23:23
But is that not with reference to sales?? i.e. Goods you own but want to dispose of?? Virgin own the Modems therefore surely the modems are their responsibility.....

No they just direct you to dispose of it responsibly, and as the WEEE Directive states it only covers devices supplied after 1st July 2007.

They may own them but they can get out of picking them up by using the WEEE Directive, remember all councils are legally obliged to run recycling schemes and that is the get out clause they can use by saying please dispose of our modem locally.

Stig
01-05-2008, 23:29
No they just direct you to dispose of it responsibly, and as the WEEE Directive states it only covers devices supplied after 1st July 2007.

They may own them but they can get out of picking them up by using the WEEE Directive, remember all councils are legally obliged to run recycling schemes and that is the get out clause they can use by saying please dispose of our modem locally.

I'm sorry but the whole point of the directive is so that manufacturers and retailers take responsibility for the damage their products do... as well as the owner... In other words they must make it possible for you to dispose of an item safely. That is totally different to Virgin owning a modem and asking you to dispose of it... You can simply say no, I am not willing to dispose of something I don't own come and get it...

I have the feeling you could cause an argument in an empty house :D

whydoIneedatech
01-05-2008, 23:41
I'm sorry but the whole point of the directive is so that manufacturers and retailers take responsibility for the damage their products do... as well as the owner... In other words they must make it possible for you to dispose of an item safely. That is totally different to Virgin owning a modem and asking you to dispose of it... You can simply say no, I am not willing to dispose of something I don't own come and get it...

I have the feeling you could cause an argument in an empty house :D

Not really but that is how they and many other companies are able to interpret the WEEE Directive. If you read it you find that its too open ended and has get out clauses such as asking you to take it to a recycling centre.

They may pick up the newer modems they are presently issuing to new customers, but are very unlikely to pick up old equipment, all they need to do is ask you to dispose of it responsibly, or you could always try passing it to a Virgin engineer if you see one in your street.

thingi
02-05-2008, 00:24
Not really but that is how they and many other companies are able to interpret the WEEE Directive. If you read it you find that its too open ended and has get out clauses such as asking you to take it to a recycling centre.

They may pick up the newer modems they are presently issuing to new customers, but are very unlikely to pick up old equipment, all they need to do is ask you to dispose of it responsibly, or you could always try passing it to a Virgin engineer if you see one in your street.

Stig got the point. The modem isn't owned by the customer, it's owned by Virgin Media. Have you ever studied law whydoineedatech? Why are you having so much trouble understanding Virgin own the item so it's their responsibility to dispose of said item rather than the customer.

Have you actually read Virgin's t&c's (Section E4 to be precise)?

If we or you end this agreement, or you decide to disconnect from some of our services, you must return our equipment to us (or let us collect it from you if we choose to do this). You must return equipment or make it available for collection in a reasonable condition, allowing for fair wear and tear. If you fail to return or make available the equipment for collection for any reason, we are entitled to charge you for the replacement cost of the equipment.[/B] If we hold any money we may use that money towards the cost of the equipment. If we have supplied you with any additional equipment, we'd encourage you to dispose of it responsibly if you're no longer using it so please contact us for further information about disposing of your additional equipment.

'Extra equipment' refers to an item such as an ethernet cable / usb cable or possibly a router bought from Virgin. The cable modem (and it's psu) are classed as 'equipment' not 'additional equipment'. Think about it, you can't have cable access without the modem therefore it is classed as 'Equipment' not 'additional equipment'.

Even if a call center bod tells you to bin it you'd be have to be barking! I read t&c's and abide by them. I do not take the word of a call center bod with (at best) a basic understanding of the law and t&c's. Not every call is recorded and not everything quoted to you by a call center bod will be in you account notes. I think it HIGHLY unlikely that you would ever get to statement to bin equipment in writing from Virgin since they do know the law, they are just trying to save cold hard cash but when push comes to shove......

What you fail to understand is the concept of ownership. In law Ownership = Responsibility. If your next door neighbour dumps an old CRT in your garden does that mean YOU have the legal responsibility to take it to a DCF because it's in your garden? Of course it doesn't, the same goes for a cable modem left in a property by Virgin Media.

You may have read the WEEE directive and put some cute linkies in your previous post but you can't just read an Act of Parliament or European Directive in isolation. On top of not just reading Act's in isolation you also have to understand the impact of previously set precedents which relate to the matter in hand. Why do you think it takes so much hard work to become a law professional?

Now scurry back under the rock you crawled out from under and argue with yourself instead of wasting my time.

thingi

Stig
02-05-2008, 07:30

Rubbish! (get it? :naughty: ) Virgin are not using any directive at all... They are not telling anybody they must dispose of the modem properly.. They are simply not collecting them and when asked about this people are told various things, from bin it to keep it safe. Virgin own the item and the directive does not apply.

I am now sure you could cause an argument in an empty house!

spiderplant
02-05-2008, 08:44

WEEE regulations do apply to VM products. (Hence the crossed-out wheelie-bin logo on the back of recent equipment).

The rules refer to "distribution", not "sale".
For the purposes of the WEEE Regulations, you are a distributor if you provide electric and electronic equipment (EEE) to householders, irrespective of the method of supply

However, WEEE regs only apply where the goods are being replaced on a like-for-like basis. It's not clear to me whether this applies in the OP's case. I suggest she just disposes of it responsibly.

whydoIneedatech
02-05-2008, 09:51
Stig got the point. The modem isn't owned by the customer, it's owned by Virgin Media. Have you ever studied law whydoineedatech? Why are you having so much trouble understanding Virgin own the item so it's their responsibility to dispose of said item rather than the customer.

Have you actually read Virgin's t&c's (Section E4 to be precise)?

If we or you end this agreement, or you decide to disconnect from some of our services, you must return our equipment to us (or let us collect it from you if we choose to do this). You must return equipment or make it available for collection in a reasonable condition, allowing for fair wear and tear. If you fail to return or make available the equipment for collection for any reason, we are entitled to charge you for the replacement cost of the equipment.[/B] If we hold any money we may use that money towards the cost of the equipment. If we have supplied you with any additional equipment, we'd encourage you to dispose of it responsibly if you're no longer using it so please contact us for further information about disposing of your additional equipment.

'Extra equipment' refers to an item such as an ethernet cable / usb cable or possibly a router bought from Virgin. The cable modem (and it's psu) are classed as 'equipment' not 'additional equipment'. Think about it, you can't have cable access without the modem therefore it is classed as 'Equipment' not 'additional equipment'.

Even if a call center bod tells you to bin it you'd be have to be barking! I read t&c's and abide by them. I do not take the word of a call center bod with (at best) a basic understanding of the law and t&c's. Not every call is recorded and not everything quoted to you by a call center bod will be in you account notes. I think it HIGHLY unlikely that you would ever get to statement to bin equipment in writing from Virgin since they do know the law, they are just trying to save cold hard cash but when push comes to shove......

What you fail to understand is the concept of ownership. In law Ownership = Responsibility. If your next door neighbour dumps an old CRT in your garden does that mean YOU have the legal responsibility to take it to a DCF because it's in your garden? Of course it doesn't, the same goes for a cable modem left in a property by Virgin Media.

You may have read the WEEE directive and put some cute linkies in your previous post but you can't just read an Act of Parliament or European Directive in isolation. On top of not just reading Act's in isolation you also have to understand the impact of previously set precedents which relate to the matter in hand. Why do you think it takes so much hard work to become a law professional?

Now scurry back under the rock you crawled out from under and argue with yourself instead of wasting my time.

thingi

I am well aware of that, but they can ask you to dispose of the item for them , that is in the Directive and yhat is the part they can and do use.
In other forums the has been similar discussion about modems and STBs and with the same result, they collect if New enough to re issue or in most cases do not collect and advise to dispose off accordingly.
The are many ways around the Directive click on my links above it is so easy for companies to do so.

Do you really think all these Major Companies would leave themselves open to possible prosecution by ignoring the Directive, they have their Legal departments go through such things with a fine tooth comb so they only need to do the minimum required with the minimum of cost.:)

As Spiderplant says they put the onus on you to dispose of the device responsibly using your local councils recycling facilities. Even this is in the Directive as I put the relevant links in post number #20

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

Rubbish! (get it? :naughty: ) Virgin are not using any directive at all... They are not telling anybody they must dispose of the modem properly.. They are simply not collecting them and when asked about this people are told various things, from bin it to keep it safe. Virgin own the item and the directive does not apply.

I am now sure you could cause an argument in an empty house!

Read the links in post #20 you will see that any company can get out of what you call their responsibilities.:)

thingi
02-05-2008, 11:01
Do you really think all these Major Companies would leave themselves open to possible prosecution by ignoring the Directive, they have their Legal departments go through such things with a fine tooth comb so they only need to do the minimum required with the minimum of cost.:)

As Spiderplant says they put the onus on you to dispose of the device responsibly using your local councils recycling facilities. Even this is in the Directive as I put the relevant links in post number #20

Your obviously too thick to understand the point of ownership under UK law. :banghead:

Why do you think I previously stated that I don't believe for one second a customer would ever get a letter from Virgin stating it's the customer's responsibility to dispose of the item?

As I've mentioned previously IF SAID ITEM was PURCHASED then it's the customer's responsibility to dispose of said item.

Since Virgin Media own cable modem under the WEEE it's their responsibility to dispose of it how they see fit (that does not include leaving an item covered by the WEEE in a non sanctioned DCF i.e. the customer's property).

If they refuse to collect an item or refuse to give an address to send the item to (which I don't believe for one second they would) they would be in breech of WEEE and quite possibly the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (EPA 1990).

Again I'll tell you need to understand the concept of ownership under UK law. Your points are valid ONLY if the customer had purchased the cable modem from Virgin.

thingi

whydoIneedatech
02-05-2008, 11:19
:shocked:Your obviously too thick to understand the point of ownership under UK law. :banghead:

Why do you think I previously stated that I don't believe for one second a customer would ever get a letter from Virgin stating it's the customer's responsibility to dispose of the item?

As I've mentioned previously IF SAID ITEM was PURCHASED then it's the customer's responsibility to dispose of said item.

Since Virgin Media own cable modem under the WEEE it's their responsibility to dispose of it how they see fit (that does not include leaving an item covered by the WEEE in a non sanctioned DCF i.e. the customer's property).

If they refuse to collect an item or refuse to give an address to send the item to (which I don't believe for one second they would) they would be in breech of WEEE and quite possibly the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (EPA 1990).

Again I'll tell you need to understand the concept of ownership under UK law. Your points are valid ONLY if the customer had purchased the cable modem from Virgin.

thingi

MY MY MY! now we are calling people Thick, just read the WEEE Directive if you read it properly which from your post you have not, you will see that all they are required to do is ask you to dispose of it.

As previously stated this only applys to items after 1 July 2007 the modem this post is talking about obviously is no longer under a minimumum 12 month contract or they would not be able to disconnect.

If the hat fits then wear it:dunce:

Angry@VMedia
02-05-2008, 11:26
Well considering the amount of modems that never get picked up( check out EBAY to see what I mean ) they will totally ignore your suggestion.

Try and charge for storage and they will ignore you, try to claim storage fees and the Legal division will stop you.

You obviously know nothing about the situation, I DO as we have gone through this before with a carpet company (and we was advised my my great aunt, which happened to be a JP), but suffice to say, we was told we was entitled to inform them that if they didnt pick up the carpet, then we could charge what we felt apprpriate for storage untill they picked it up, and 2 months later, we got a cheque through for I think it was around £300, and the next day somebody came to pick it up!

I suggest that you consult with a legal representitive that will confirm what I have just said.

whydoIneedatech
02-05-2008, 11:29
You obviously know nothing about the situation, I DO as we have gone through this before with a carpet company (and we was advised my my great aunt, which happened to be a JP), but suffice to say, we was told we was entitled to inform them that if they didnt pick up the carpet, then we could charge what we felt apprpriate for storage untill they picked it up, and 2 months later, we got a cheque through for I think it was around £300, and the next day somebody came to pick it up!

I suggest that you consult with a legal representitive that will confirm what I have just said.

Try reading the Directive about WEEE not carpets:dunce:

Is your carpet an Electrical device, I think not, that is what we are talking about the WEEE Directive applies to electrical items.

thingi
02-05-2008, 12:20
:shocked:

MY MY MY! now we are calling people Thick, just read the WEEE Directive if you read it properly which from your post you have not, you will see that all they are required to do is ask you to dispose of it.

As previously stated this only applys to items after 1 July 2007 the modem this post is talking about obviously is no longer under a minimumum 12 month contract or they would not be able to disconnect.

If the hat fits then wear it:dunce:

[removed] Answer this simple question:-

If your next door neighbour dumps an old CRT in your garden does that mean YOU have the legal responsibility to take it to a DCF because it's in your garden?

Florence
02-05-2008, 12:30
Guys guys it was a simple question I would rather not fall foul of the charge to replace it if they ask for it later on. I would rather pay a small postage fee than a large bill for a new modem...

A neighbour has said there is a virgin van parked a few streets away so will try him for either address or to return it to him it is parceled up with letter in saying which account it is from.

Now lets not bring this thread into disrepute. :D

whydoIneedatech
02-05-2008, 12:33
Answer this simple question:-

If your next door neighbour dumps an old CRT in your garden does that mean YOU have the legal responsibility to take it to a DCF because it's in your garden?

If you have no proof of where it is from, then it is your responsibility to dispose off it safely.;)

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

Guys guys it was a simple question I would rather not fall foul of the charge to replace it if they ask for it later on. I would rather pay a small postage fee than a large bill for a new modem...

A neighbour has said there is a virgin van parked a few streets away so will try him for either address or to return it to him it is parceled up with letter in saying which account it is from.

Best thing is just to hand it to a engineer in a van, who can then dispose of it correctly and legally.:)

thingi
02-05-2008, 12:59

Just don't forget to get a receipt from the engineer if you hand him the package. You need proof that you have passed the item back to Virgin for disposal. Recorded postage is probably the safest way it's only about two quid which I'd be more than happy to pay for the peace of mind.

thingi