PDA

View Full Version : 300/300 sim - is it a scam ?!

jbrennand
29-04-2008, 10:38
Just spoken with an Orange CS rep re. getting my PAC code - planning to move to the virgin £10, 300/300 sim deal for cable customers. He was very dismissive of it - actually referring to it as a (and I quote) "scam" ! He wouldn't say why he thought that other than they were "in the know" and that there was much discussion of this on the forum boards (where !?) - and said they had lots of people coming back from VM. I pushed him a bit and said I knew about canning the rollover and then he blurted - "yeah but they get you for £10 for a couple of months and then they will up it £40".

So i am assuming this is just the usual Orange CS droid talk (albeit I have never heard them go that far before) and there is nothing "substantial" to this hypothesis of his ?

Comments anyone

Cheer, JB

Stig
29-04-2008, 10:51
Yep.... Orange CS droid talk... There is no saying it won't change in the future but that goes with most things. It's certainly not a scam as you get what they offer you.

tweetypie/8
29-04-2008, 10:54
Just spoken with an Orange CS rep re. getting my PAC code - planning to move to the virgin £10, 300/300 sim deal for cable customers. He was very dismissive of it - actually referring to it as a (and I quote) "scam" ! He wouldn't say why he thought that other than they were "in the know" and that there was much discussion of this on the forum boards (where !?) - and said they had lots of people coming back from VM. I pushed him a bit and said I knew about canning the rollover and then he blurted - "yeah but they get you for £10 for a couple of months and then they will up it £40".

So i am assuming this is just the usual Orange CS droid talk (albeit I have never heard them go that far before) and there is nothing "substantial" to this hypothesis of his ?

Comments anyone

Cheer, JB

the orange rep is full of crap,the virgin deal of 300 / 300 is the best deal out there and it dosent jump to £40,i have been with them for years and they win awards year in and out also i have always found their cs to be top notch.

bmxbandit
29-04-2008, 10:55
Isn't it a monthly contract... so what if they do up it to £40? You can leave immediately!

Not that that's likely. Salesperson in talking utter BS shocker ;)

coyle04
29-04-2008, 11:54
Theres no way the Virgin 300/300 tariff is a scam. I have been on this deal for over a year now and its the best deal on the market.

Alot of people I know have changed networks in order to get this deal so I imagine the other networks are a bit pi*sed off about it.

I left Vodafone pay as you talk to go to Virgin and when I told them it was to go on to the 300/300 tariff they said it was impossible for them to match it, and thats coming from one of the biggest mobile operators.

chickendippers
29-04-2008, 11:57
The retentions department will tell you anything, I'm glad I left Orange over a year ago.

For example I switched my gas supplier to one without a standing order (their main selling point) yet the npower retentions woman still had the nerve to tell me that my new supplier did impose a standing charge.

Suffice it to say I swiftly corrected that gap in her knowledge.

BenMcr
29-04-2008, 12:24
No it isn't a Scam but if you want to do the 300/300 for £10 get it before the 12 May, otherwise if you sign up after it is 200/200.

Anyone on the 300/300 stays on it

jbrennand
29-04-2008, 12:54
No it isn't a Scam but if you want to do the 300/300 for £10 get it before the 12 May, otherwise if you sign up after it is 200/200.

Where did you see that ? Interested as I will probably do it around then.

JB

BenMcr
29-04-2008, 13:55
I don't think is on any of Virgin's pages, but it has been briefed to staff.

There are going to be new cable only offers from 12 May which is why it is changing

latecomer
29-04-2008, 17:07
Is the 300/300 offer still available. I am going to phone Orange tonight and see if they will do something similar or I'm off to sign up. Just thought I'd check to see the Virgin off was still available and cant find it at virginmedia.com? :confused:

Edit: found it but its definitely not that obvious compared to last time I checked.

jbrennand
30-04-2008, 23:54

Now showing on their website as - available until May 11th.

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/

Couldn't find confirmation that you stay on it after that date if you sign up before - but will call tomorrow to check and get the deal.

JB

Angry@VMedia
01-05-2008, 00:29
Id much rather stick with my O2Online sim, never had any problems with them, even when it was BT Cellnet[apart from when they stopped the unlimited free texts but thts is beside the point] I topup £15 a month, this gives me 500 free text messages, 1MB of browsing,plus I get extras such as free minutes to landlines & mobiles a month, maybe it is because I dont use my mobile 24/7 but I would not change from o2 for all the sweets in the world or all the tea in china :)

Chorlton
01-05-2008, 10:31
I've had the 300/300 for a couple of years now and it's stayed at £10 for all that time. The only downside as far as I am concerned is that the reception on T-mobile where I live is very poor, apart from that I've no complaints.

the-cable-guy
02-05-2008, 06:11

Comments anyone

Cheer, JB

Orange dont want you to leave them so their making sh*t up.