PDA

View Full Version : Quite an "interesting" situation...

tragic
24-04-2008, 19:02
Greetings.

I’m currently trying to install a V.M. broadband, TV and phone cable line but I’m going through what I consider quite an unusual situation, to say the least…

I moved to a newly refurbished apartment that used to be part of a larger house. Right now I have neither a cable nor a phone line installed.
A day before moving I contacted the company requesting the installation and I was told that it would take approximately one week to have everything sorted out.

After a week and few days I received my “big box of tricks”. A phone call later, after I explained that I don’t have a cable line and a technician service is required to install it, I had an appointment for the week after.

One week later 2 guys show up, took a look around and they told me they can’t install the line outside because I don’t have a cable installation inside. Another technician is required. Another phone call and another appointment set. More than one week waiting…

On the big day, the installation was scheduled between 1 pm and 6 pm. The technician arrived after 5pm, took a look around and told me he couldn’t install the line because I don’t have a cable installation outside. It’s a 2 man job and he was only one…

Another call and a new appointment set, this time more than A MONTH from now.

Now, if I don’t take into account the fact that:

I have absolutely no guarantee that the next time I have someone here it will be the right technician

More than one month without a connection and I need internet to work

I already wasted 2 days staying at home on the 2 appointment dates

No idea about how much money already spent in phone calls to sort things out and to confirm the installation dates (my wife already called, was put on hold for more than 5 minutes, received a phone number to call and the person that answered was the same person that gave her the number in the first place)

I could even laugh at the situation. It starts to be funny in its own tragic way.

I’m seriously considering other ISPs.

If anyone has any advice about what I should do to sort this out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

jungleguy
24-04-2008, 19:27
Hi
This is a classic example of telesales not doing their job properly. You should have had a spotter pop out and inspect your property. What telesales have probably done is load your order onto the old address which had services before. A spotter would have all the flats created onto the VM database. Organize a 2 man crew. the first crew pull the cable to the outside of your property, the second do the internal instal.
I hope this kind of explains whats happened.

out of interest, the post you recieve from VM confirming your account details, is it addressed to your correct address (including your flat number?)

cheers

tragic
24-04-2008, 19:42
Yes, the address is correct.

Door number - Street
Flat B

like that.

Thank for the reply btw. :)

jungleguy
24-04-2008, 20:02
I stand corrected sounds like the developer ripped out all the old cabling. What area are you in?

tragic
24-04-2008, 20:48
Area 21.
But might as well call it "Area 51"... ;)

jungleguy
24-04-2008, 20:59
is that a town? LOL