PDA

View Full Version : Strange Upload Speed (4mb L)

Vinh_la
24-04-2008, 02:23
Well since upgrading my internet connection from the (2mb) package to the (4mb) not yet upgraded, i was getting the up to (4mb) download speed and the 384k upload. However since this past few days my connection speeds have been going berserk, i'm still getting the lovely download speed however my upload has dropped? Normally when performing tests i would get around 370k+ upload however its seemlessly dropped down to the 200k which is a bit of a ****take since when hosting games on xbox live its lags quite bad. My area for the 10mb upgrade has yet to be taken place...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2008/04/17.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Martyn
24-04-2008, 02:51
send them a nasty email on there website, there call you within 2 days. much easier then talking through the people at CS some which are very hard to understand. I've been having problems with DNS's my own websites i can't view, sucks so bad because i nag the DC stating there unavailable, and there stating there working.

whydoIneedatech
24-04-2008, 07:18
[QUOTE=Vinh_la;34536807]Well since upgrading my internet connection from the (2mb) package to the (4mb) not yet upgraded, i was getting the up to (4mb) download speed and the 384k upload. However since this past few days my connection speeds have been going berserk, i'm still getting the lovely download speed however my upload has dropped? Normally when performing tests i would get around 370k+ upload however its seemlessly dropped down to the 200k which is a bit of a ****take since when hosting games on xbox live its lags quite bad. My area for the 10mb upgrade has yet to be taken place...

What modem are you using.

webcrawler2050
24-04-2008, 10:27
Is it possible to have some:

* Ping Results
* Traceert results

Also is your modem direct in your PC or do you use a router?

Vinh_la
24-04-2008, 11:39
Well my internet is going through a belkin router wireless G router normally sharing with 1-2 computeres on the net however this never use to affect my speeds, i'm just curious with the upload speed as its quite lower than normal.

As for my ping its normally within the 50-80 ms ping when testing on the broadband speed test sites (speedtest.net).

For the modem i've installed it around couple of months ago, as i was using a set up box which couldn't acheive even 2mb, its the virgin branded ambit 255.

webcrawler2050
24-04-2008, 11:53
Okay

So could you do a tracert and copy and paste the results.

Have you tried plugging direct PC to Modem via Ethernet then run all the tests again?

Vinh_la
24-04-2008, 13:08
ok here is my trace results using the bbc website

webcrawler2050
24-04-2008, 13:09
Righty,

That doesnt look that bad.

Now plug your NTL modem direct in to your PC and run the speed test and ping and tracert! :)

Richy99
24-04-2008, 13:15
does a ping and tracert test the upload speed?

Vinh_la
24-04-2008, 20:09
Ok i have plugged the computer straight to the modem, which proved no luck still had the same issues , which was the upload speed. Its never affected the speed using my router so i doubt that is the problem. I have also not been downloading files bigger than what i can get within the peak hours, knowing that the screen shot of my results on the first post was at 2am.