PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help.

topgunner
23-04-2008, 22:31
hello,for last week or so ive been getting some problems with my net..every night round about the same time i keep losing conection for like 5secons and comes back on and same again..them my friend said his did that and his mac address has been cloned?

what can i do?:confused:

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 22:32
hello,for last week or so ive been getting some problems with my net..every night round about the same time i keep losing conection for like 5secons and comes back on and same again..them my friend said his did that and his mac address has been cloned?

what can i do?:confused:

Call Tech Support

Get help with your Broadband

0906 212 1111*

*Calls cost 25p per minute. There is a 10p connection cost from Virgin Media landlines. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary. If the fault is found to be with Virgin Media the cost of these calls will be refunded at a cost of 25p per minute.

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 22:33
Call Tech Support

Get help with your Broadband

0906 212 1111*

*Calls cost 25p per minute. There is a 10p connection cost from Virgin Media landlines. Charges from mobiles and other networks may vary. If the fault is found to be with Virgin Media the cost of these calls will be refunded at a cost of 25p per minute.

Are you on a mission whydoineedatech? ;)

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 22:34
Are you on a mission whydoineedatech? ;)

Its Peter and its easy to post:)

Graham M
23-04-2008, 22:34
I thought you could phone support on 151 again now?

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 22:36

From the 1st of June, just as my 2 weeks holiday start;)

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 22:36

Not until 1st of June

and Hi Peter

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 22:38
Not until 1st of June

and Hi Peter

Do you like my holiday time

Hi Mags

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 22:39
Do you like my holiday time

Hi Mags

LOL no I don't, that's when I've asked to go back on 10 hour shifts :dozey:

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 22:46
LOL no I don't, that's when I've asked to go back on 10 hour shifts :dozey:

Do you think we will be busy?:juggle:

I will of course be thinking about everyone while I am away:LOL:

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 22:48
Do you think we will be busy?:juggle:

I will of course be thinking about everyone while I am away:LOL:

I think we're going to get mobbed.

And if you're thinking of us while you're on holiday, you're more sad than I am :p:

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 22:51
I think we're going to get mobbed.

And if you're thinking of us while you're on holiday, you're more sad than I am :p:

I know I will miss the first 2 weeks, maybe the novelty will have worn off when I get back to the Dock.:hyper:

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 22:59
maybe the novelty will have worn off when I get back to the Dock.:hyper:

Hope not, you should suffer like the rest of us :D

topgunner
23-04-2008, 23:01
ive come on this site for abit of help and you to are just chatting like its msn lmao thanx

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 23:02
Hope not, you should suffer like the rest of us :D

Its bad enough that we have started taking NTL calls:banghead:

joglynne
23-04-2008, 23:08
ive come on this site for abit of help and you to are just chatting like its msn lmao thanx

..https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/04/35.gif to the forums topgunner.

What part of the country are you in? Maybe some one else on the forums,in your area, can say whether they have similar issues.

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 23:12

Sorry about that, but we both posted the relevant links and phone number for you to get help.

The phone line is open 24/7 and is presently manned by our Out of hours team and the Newsgroups are the other route you can try.:)

topgunner
23-04-2008, 23:17
..https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/04/35.gif to the forums topgunner.

What part of the country are you in? Maybe some one else on the forums,in your area, can say whether they have similar issues.

im from the LS area mate.its realy starting to **** me of now lol:(

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 23:20
im from the leeds area mate.its realy starting to **** me of now lol:(

If you ring in then they will be able to check if your MAC address has been cloned for you, or if the is a device on your UBR with the same MAC address, which can happen. They will get 2nd line to check it.

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 23:24

Sorry Topgunner.
Which modem do you have? Are you Ex-NTL or Ex-Blueyonder.
Do you know how to log into your modem configuration pages?
If so, have a look at the signal page and the log page
Any errors similar to No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
will need a tech visit.
Feel free to post your power levels and stuff and we'll have a look while we chat. :D

HTH
Mags

topgunner
23-04-2008, 23:30
Sorry Topgunner.
Which modem do you have? Are you Ex-NTL or Ex-Blueyonder.
Do you know how to log into your modem configuration pages?
If so, have a look at the signal page and the log page
Any errors similar to No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
will need a tech visit.
Feel free to post your power levels and stuff and we'll have a look while we chat. :D

HTH
Mags

ive got a new 20mb vm modem mate..and i dont have a clue how to log in to that stuff mate lol but ive looked around on the net and it realy looks like its been cloned..

joglynne
23-04-2008, 23:37
topqunner, to log into your modem configuration pages go to http://192.168.100.1. to log in use root/root.

whydoIneedatech
23-04-2008, 23:38
ive got a new 20mb vm modem mate..and i dont have a clue how to log in to that stuff mate lol but ive looked around on the net and it realy looks like its been cloned..

I take it that LS is London South which is Ex-Telewest.

Is it a Webstar Scientific Atlanta EPC2100 if so all you need to do is open an Internet Explorer page empty out the www address bar and enter the following
192.168.100.1 and press enter which will take you to the configuration pages and you click the various tabs and you will find your MAC address and the Learned MAC address. DO NOT POST THEM HERE!! Just post your power levels.

If it asks for a username and password they should both be "root"

You are best ringing Tech Support as you will get a quicker response.

moaningmags
23-04-2008, 23:43
You are best ringing Tech Support as you will get a quicker response.

Ermmm, you saying I'm slow???:p:

whydoIneedatech
24-04-2008, 07:10
Ermmm, you saying I'm slow???:p:

No I meant he could ring now for the Out of hours team:LOL:

BBKing
24-04-2008, 09:42
I take it that LS is London South which is Ex-Telewest.

Um, customers aren't necessarily as familiar with ICOMS areas as us, mate! Quite apart from anything else, they're not obviously geographic.

Assuming postcode areas are being referred to, LS is Leeds, which is therefore ex-ntl.

Its bad enough that we have started taking NTL calls

Why?

topgunner - if you want me to take a look PM me the MAC. Any mod can vouch that I'm VM staff.